Infected Affections

Dix

Shelly McManor walked into her first class at Rochester NY's High School. Her hair was blonde and she wore black rimmed glasses that didn't have any magnification in them or were medicated. They were regular fashion glasses; but to other people she couldn't see without them.

Shelly pulled her skirt down self-consciously and took a deep breathe before entering her homeroom. The teacher had a CD going in a CD player and the students were all about messing around. Everyone stopped talking and looked at her.

"Class...This is Shelly McManor..she's new." the teacher said.

She smiled and took a seat in the back. A lot of girls surrounded her and starting talking to her.

"I'm Shantelle, where did you move from?" she asked.

"Uh..Vermont." Vanessa lied.

"Oh...that's cool." Shantelle said.

The girl and her friends talked her ears off almost. Vanessa knew not to give out much information and not to make friends in case her father and the mob find her.

By the end of the week, 'Shelly', was well known in the school because Shantelle liked her style. It was a mix of 'punk' and preppy' as Shantelle says.

Vanessa missed Ray. She wanted to call him and tell him what was going on. But she wasn't allowed to have any contact with anything or anyone that connects to her real self.

Being well known in her new school was dangerous.

The mob could find her in no time.

Her mom didn't work anymore She stayed inside the house all day.
Both her and her mom missed Belleville. Her mom missed work and her friends. And Vanessa missed Ray.

Shantelle invited 'Shelly' out for a night at the carnival that was in town.
Vanessa told her mother she'd be at the library.

At the carnival, Vanessa stayed alert at all times. But not once that whole night did she see anything suspicious.

'Shelly' was at a coffee shop one morning before school when she looked out the window. She was bored and was looking at all the cars parked along the street. She spotted a black car with tinted windows on the side. But she could see two men sitting in the front Her eyes glanced down to see Jersey plates She immediately grabbed her stuff and left quickly.

She returned home to find the fifteen boxes already loaded and ready to go. Vanessa stepped into the car and it pulled away.

She would be moving to Ohio.
Where her blonde hair would be purple.
Where her eyes would get grey contacts.
And her new name would be Sally Mosh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was short, it's vital to the story.
Sorry that it took so long for me to update; I was waiting for a certain ammount of comments. The ammount was 10. I know you guys can do better than that! Oh, and if you like it please subscribe!

Once again, thank you to everyone who commented and read.

-Amanda