Infected Affections

Deux

I waited all day, watching the clock tick ever so slowly, from the very second I arrived at the school. And as the final bell rang for me to go to my last class, I practically ran to my history class. I took my seat in the back and just watched him.

He was on the phone with another teacher, nodding his head.
I actually had a chance to get a good look at him. His afro bounced with every nod. His eyes were focused on the paper he was writing on
the dress shirt was black and the tie was red. And the pants were black.

I have to say my history teacher is gorgeous.

I was too busy thinking that I hadn't realized he hung up the phone and had turned around. I let my eyes settle on my desk as he checked to make sure everyone was here.

"Okay, since everyone's here, I'm passing back your tests now." he said and started walking through the rows of desks.

As soon as mine was on my desk, I saw the big black 'A' at the top.

"Marissa, let me see your test." I asked the girl beside me.

"Why?" She questioned.

"I wanna compare them." I said.

She handed me her test and I immidiately knew Mr. Toro was giving me my grades. I wasn't earning them. Marissa's first question was wrong.
She circled the 'A', but so did I; and mine's marked right.

I handed her back her test and compared mine with another student sitting next to me. Again, some of his answers that were wrong were marked right on mine, even though they were completely wrong.

I focused on the note Mr.toro had for us but was to busy thinking about how many 'A's' I have ad this past year.

After class I took extra time to take care of my stuff. By the time I had put everything into my messenger bag, every student had filed out of the classroom already and no one was in the hallways.

Mr.Toro was watching me as I approached his desk. I set my test down on his desk. He looked at it and then up at me.

I spoke up.

"Mr.Toro, I came to ask you if you would please stop giving me A's, I'd like to earn my grades, not just get them, I'll never learn anything that way."

"You don't like the A's?" He asked.

"I do, but I'll never learn anything if I don't know what I'm doing wrong." I said.

"Very well, Vanessa."

I grabbed my paper and left quickly before he could say anything more.

As the next two months went by, I quickly learned that I was now failing history as well as two of my other classes. If I didn't do start doing something, I'll be in 11th grade next year as well.

I was in history class of course and my eyelids were slowly closing
Mr.Toro was passing back yet another test He sat mine on my desk and I opened my eyes to see yet another big red 'F'.

Oh my mother's gonna kill me! She told me if i received one more F,I'll only go to school and back .No phone, computer,TV, walks, nothing.
Until i get my grades back up.

The bell rang loudly and all the other kids scrambled out of the room.
I was being slow because I was so tired. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

"I didn't mean to startle you Vanessa..but are you feeling alright?" he sounded like he was concerned.

"Yes, I'm ok." lie.

"You're sure?"

"Yes." another lie.

He removed his hand and I started shoving my shit into my bag.
Not caring that I crinkled the test as it made it's way in there.

"I noticed your failing a few other classes and you're very close to failing them all." he said.

"I'm trying to get them up." I said through gritted teeth. I was being hassled about my grades enough from my mom, I didn't need it from him too.

"You were doing so good two months ago...did something happen?"

"No, Mr.Toro...I just...got lazy, and my mom's driving me crazy becuase of it." I said truthfully.

I shoved the last of my shit into my bad, said a quick good-bye, and left quickly. At home I gave the test to my mother becuase she knew the tests were coming back today. The second she saw the 'F', I was grounded..From everything except school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to say thank you all the readers and commenters.
Its going very well. Keep it up.
Feedback and constructive critisism is always welcome.
Thank you for your time!

- Fuck Sincerly,

AMANDA AGONY
(onlynotrly)