Infected Affections

Neuf

The next day in history after class, Ray explained to me what happened last night. I felt embarassed and apologised.

"If you can get on around seven, I'll be on and my friends won't be around." Ray said.

"Alright, I'll be on." I said.

"Talk to you later?" he asked.

"Yes...and I need to tell you something." I said.

"Alright," Ray responded.

"I think my feelings for you are growing strong each day we are together." I said.

Ray smiled big and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Mine too."

One last kiss was shared before I exited the room and headed home.
My mom was still at work so there was no ride. But as I started walking down the street, a car with tinted windows pulled up beside me and rolled down the window.

It was Ray.

"Get in."

I went around to the other side and hopped in.
Ray turned on some music and wasn't surprised when I started singing along.

"Y'know...my mom won't be home for a while...can I go to your house with you?" I asked.

" Of course." he said.

We both smiled at each other and quietly listened to the music until Ray pulled into his driveway. We both climbed out and quickly went into his house so not to be seen.

1 hour and 30 minutes later.

Ray and I layed tangled in the sheets cuddled up together.
Ray was running his fingersh through my hair and humming softly while I twirled circles on his stomach.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Nearing 5:30." he said.

"I don't wanna leave, but I have to...my mom'll be home soon."

"I know." he said sadly.

We layed there for another ten minutes before we both stood up and dressed.
He gave me a ride home and when we pulled up in front of my house, he gave me a long kiss and I got out.

Once I was inside my mother came rushing to the door with a worried look on her face.

"Mom...I'm sorry I didn't come straight home. I was tutoring with Mr. Toro."

She didn't say anything.

Then I became worried.

"Mom...what's wrong?"

I watched my mother burst into tears and she started hugging me.

I took a look around the house and saw fifteen boxes all taped up.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Two men dressed in all black stepped out of the living room.

"Who are they?" I asked nervously.

"They work for the F.B.I." she said.

"Why are they here?" I asked, eyeing them.

"Your father's out of jail...and is seeking revenge. It's not safe here anymore sweetie."

"What?!" I almost choked on my spit.

"He was released on good behavior." she said.

"No..that's not possible." I said, the last string of hope hanging off my lips.

"But it is..you and your mom need to leave the state immidiately." One of the agents said.

The doorbell rang and my mom and I were pushed into the living room.
But we heard threee knocks afterwards.

Five men came in and started taking the boxes outside to a van.
I ran to my room. All that was left was my bed, dresser, computer, pictures and clothes. I quickly grabbed my pictures and anything else my mom forgot. I slipped them into a box and rushed downstairs.

"You can't take any of that." the agent said.

He took the box from me but I grabbed it back.

"Vanessa...you can't have that stuff. It connects to you." he said.

"Then just let me take three pictures...please." I begged.

"I don't know..." he hesitated.

"Please...I'm begging you."

"Alright. But just three." he said.

I grabbed the pics of Ray and I.

Jeff Winders explained to me that my father was out, and was coming after my mom and I because my mother told the police that my father was working for the mafia. I was terrified. Once my father was my hero, until he told my mom he worked for the mafia and was a hitman. I was seven at the time. He's been in prison for ten years, And now that he's out, he wants to kill my mom and I. What if he finds us?

I'm only seventeen...I don't wanna die!

Three hours later we were escorted to a van with windows that no one could see into. As the sun sank down, Belleville disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, some of you may have noticed that the name 'Stacy' appeared in chapter eight. This is because 'Vanessa' was originally named 'Stacy' until I changed it.

Just to make it clear, this is not the end. I know some of you probably weren't expecting this. But know you know why Vanessa's dad never made an appearance until now.

Thank you so much for the comments and everything guys!
It'd mean alot to me if you guys continued to read and comment!

Happy New Year! (2008, muthafuckas!)

-Amanda