Status: The name is not permanent any suggestions?

It's really Complicated.

Bad Guy?

I pulled up to my house and was a little nervous. Ha, a little. I was also curious as to how this was going to go down. I've never really had much of a boyfriend or even brought a guy friend home, and I'm 21 years old. Great.

I got out of the car and so did he. I locked it and started to walk toward the house.

"You'll need to take the hood off. I know you probably don't want me to see your face, but my mom won't like it."

I looked over at him and he took the hood off. I blinked in surprise at how good looking he was. Long, thick, shaggy brown hair and blue eyes. He smiled at my reaction, and let me tell you, nice straight white teeth. He grabbed my hand and lead me toward the house, still in shock. I quickly recovered and opened the door.

"Mom?"

"In the kitchen!" she yelled back.

I could smell her cooking. "Shes going to make you eat before we go anywhere, i hope you know."He nodded and i lead him to the kitchen.

"umm mom, I brought a friend over if that's OK?"

With out looking she said, "Oh yea, sure. I don't mind-" She looked up and gasped. "Oh, my, you didn't tell me it was a guy friend." She started to freak a little. "My, I'm sorry the house is such a mess."

He smiled. "Its no problem. Your house is quite clean actually." He held out his hand. "I'm Lucas by the way."

She shook his hand. "My Lucas, aren't you a cute one. Just call be Debora." she turned to me. "Ember, you should have told me you were bring a guy home." She scolded me.

I shrugged. "I didn't think you'd mind."

She gave me that look mothers do when they know you know that's not true.

"well, come in, come in. Have a seat. I'll have this food out in a sec."

My mom turned around and i gave in a dirty look. I took him to the dinning room and sat down.

"What the hell? Aren't you supposed to be a bad guy?" i whispered.

He smiled. "Bad guy? Who said that?"

"What are you talking about? You put a gun to my back and robbed a bank! Then took me hostage!"

"Naw, I'm just here for your protection. I had to make you look like a victim so they wouldn't come after you."

"They?" i asked.

He didn't say anything, just stared straight ahead, his elbows on the table and his chin on his hands.

Great. I'm with a guy who says he's not the bad guy, but yet, I'm being held hostage.