Heart of Gold

March 20th

March 20th (Five Months)
Chapter Two

Five months, it’s been five months. I have a baby bump now; I show pride, but also embarrassment. I was born into a religious family; though I’m not religious I still believe in marital sin. It was a sin that I had sex before marriage, and then even worse that I got pregnant with a bastard child since the father left me. However I don’t blame Zacky, even though I really should, I don’t.

Sometimes I see him around, or hear of a show he and the other guys had performed the night before. They’ve become even more popular in the last couple months. I’ve seen flyers for performances, and blogs on the internet, fan sites, gossip columns on the internet, and YouTube videos. However I try to refrain myself from seeing such things because recently I’ve seen many pictures of Zacky with a blonde girl on his arm. All the gossip columns say her name is Gena, I must admit she is beautiful, but I still resent her.

Today I have another ultra sound, however this time I get to know the sex of my baby. I did the usual routine and lay patiently on the cot for the doctor to come in. When she made her presence she asked the common courtesy questions as she began to lubricate me. She moved the stick against my baby bump and I smiled as the picture of my baby appeared on the sonogram screen.

“Aw look at that! Your baby is perfectly healthy and growing just right. Would you like to know the sex of your baby?” The doctor exclaimed.

“Yes please.”

She moved the monitor around and paused when she got in the right angle. “Congratulations new mommy! You are having a boy.”

I smiled at her, and then turned to look at the screen. I smiled up at my baby boy. I couldn’t believe in a matter of four more months I would be having a beautiful baby boy. I didn’t even have anything ready for my baby. I was still getting used to the idea of being a future mom. I still couldn’t believe it.

The doctor wrote down some notes on some forms, before she said a nurse would be in to clean me up again and give me a couple copies of the sonogram picture. While I waited for the nurse I thought about Zacky, like I have been for a couple months now. It was hard for me to say that I was slowly slipping into a depression, but it might be true.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him, or what he would be like as a daddy. Now that I know I’m having a baby boy I wonder what Zacky would say. I wonder if he would perhaps change his mind about sticking around for the life of his child. I was still desperately holding on to my last hope.

As I was thinking the nurse wiped off the gel, and turned off all the monitors. She handed me some pictures of the sonogram and then told me I could change and then leave until the next time. I changed quickly as I decided what I was going to do.