Heart of Gold

July 16th

July 16th (18 years old)
Chapter Four

Eighteen years, my baby was finally grown up. I can’t believe this; my Trip Forest Baker had actually graduated from high school and now was of legal age. I couldn’t believe how the time passed, and how fast he had grown. He was off to see the world. I knew he would do great things, just like his father.

I hadn’t seen Zachary Baker since the day I told him Trip was a boy. I knew he wouldn’t change his mind, and I knew it would only hurt me more if I tried to get him to change his mind. It would be just like reopening the wound and pouring salt onto it. Zacky was his own man, he always was, and she could never try to tie him down.

Avenged Sevenfold was now a really big band, worldwide, international, and it was everything the guys had ever dreamed about. I knew they all had accomplished so much in their lives, everything that they had ever wanted. Of course I kept tabs on them. I never really see anyone from that circle anymore, sometimes I see Leana, but besides that nothing.

When I see her it’s usually strictly confidential because she never tells anyone where she’s going, who she’ll be with, especially Zacky. He has no clue anyone even knows where I am, or what I’ve been up to.

It’s hard, everyday; I still think about Zacky all the time. Every time I look at my son I see Zacky. He’s the spitting image of Zacky in the end I don’t regret any of my actions or the results of my actions. I wish someone would have had different reactions but if Zacky couldn’t take it then that was his loss.

Anyway, Trip, well he’s all grown up now. He’s going to be a free, single, college boy. Nothing’s going to stop him from reaching the top just like his father did.