Heart of Gold

Trip's POV

Chapter Six
Trip’s POV

I had to do this. I knew she would never do it, and I knew he couldn’t. It was up to me to finally get my family together, like we should have been all the time. I knew once I met him I could never go back on my decision. Even if it doesn’t work out the way I’m hoping it will at least I’ll be able to say I’ve met my father. I can’t say just listening to Avenged Sevenfold’s CDs was satisfying enough.

I knew my mother would have never understood, and if I had told her I wasn’t really going off to college she would find a way to keep me with her forever, and I would have never had the opportunity to come into Zacky Vengeance’s house, look around, or see my father. It was so much better to see my dad then I ever thought it would be.

He was completely shocked when I said the word dad. He didn’t know what hit him. I walked into his house and made my way to the living room. I didn’t know how I knew where to go I just did. When I got there, there was some blonde chick. Of course I knew who it was. It was dad’s girlfriend, Gena. From what I’ve heard from Leana, though, is that Gena’s a complete bitch and Zacky doesn’t deserve that.

“Are-are you really my son?” My father asked me making sure Gena was completely engrossed in the television to pay any mind to us.

“Yes I did come from the one egg of a Miss. Hannah Smith, and the one sperm of the You.”

Zacky somewhat cracked a smile at this, in which I was glad. Mom had always said I had a sense of humor like him.

“Well then I guess that’s all that counts doesn’t it?” He joked right back, which I was glad for.

“Nice house you’ve got here.” I was just making small talk now, trying to keep the conversation going.

“Why don’t we go somewhere else and talk a little more seriously?” He asked, and led me down the hall and to a room, which I believed was his band room, because all his instruments were scattered all across the room. I picked up a guitar and started strumming the strings as I waited for Zacky to say something, or to start bombarding me with questions.

“So how’s your mother?” was the first question he asked and I smirked wanting to play with him a little bit.

“Oh she’s great, the best she could ever be, and she’s at her prime with two kids, another on the way and a rich husband. I call him Uncle Mike because he doesn’t like the phrase dad or father or anything that could associate him with a family. I don’t know what mom sees in him, but at least he keeps the cash flowing ya know!?” I said

“She-she’s married?”

“Yup,” I said popping the ‘p’ and singing a line to sweet cherry pie.

“That doesn’t sound like her; she was always a sweetheart. I can’t imagine her marrying into money like that.”

“Well nowadays she’s a real gold digger. In fact she’s due to her next appointment at three.”

“What appointment?” Zacky was getting anxious now, I could tell.

“Lipo, what else? Or maybe it’s her boobs again this time. I’m not sure. She’s gone in so many times I’m not sure what it’s for this time.”

“Are you serious?!”

“No of course not!” I told him, halting the strumming from my fingertips.

“What the fuck!? Oh you’re just yankin’ my chain aren’t ya boy!?”

“Yes Sr. She’s not married, nor does she have any other kids. And she’s not any gold digging whore either! She’s one hell of a lady!”

“She always was. What’s she like now?”

“Hmm I’m guessing not much different from when you knew here.”

“What’s your name son?”

“Trip Forest Baker, Sr.”

“You have my last name?”

“Yes Sr.” I replied.

“You know, son, you can call me dad if you want. I wouldn’t mind one bit.”

“Okay…Dad.” I said somewhat shyly.

“You’re eighteen right?”

“Yes I am.”

“Finished high school?”

“With honors, Sr.”

“College?”

“No, Sr. I’m not going to college. I’m going to become an artist. I’m living the life of a starving artist for a while, get some experience, and then maybe go into college.”

“What kind of art?”

“I really like Acrylics on paper, and photography.”

“Is your mom okay with this decision?”

“I haven’t really told her yet.”

“But she thinks you’re off at college right now?”

“Yes Sr.”

“Where is she?”

“She’s just an hour away from here. You know, dad, I’m surprised you guys haven’t already met up again.”

“We never landed on good terms; she wouldn’t want to see me anyways.”

“Well no, I know, but she’s a music producer now. I would have thought you would meet again at least for a new signing of your band.”

“A music producer? Wow.”

“Yup she’s all game.” I told him nodding and placing the guitar up against a wall.

“So how-how is she…really?”

I just looked at him, trying to make my eyes as sad as they would go. The doggy eyes always worked on the girls back home I was hoping they would work on him too. “To tell you the truth, dad, she’s not doing so hot. She misses you. I can see that. You know she’s still in touch with Leana and Jimmy too probably. She talks about you sometimes, but other times it hurts her to bring your name up.” I sighed for dramatic affect. “She still has all your CDs and she fallows all your tweets, and YouTube, and tours. She goes to every home show, just to see you.”

I was hoping that was enough to send him over the edge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved the comments and subscribers this is to you!
Okay I'm pondering if I should post the last chapter....
Leave me extra comments if you want the last part of this story!