Status: Moving slowly... very slowly.....

Strange.

Deux.

The hot Arizona sun beat down on my back as I slammed the screen door behind me.My skin was sticky with sweat and my clothes clung to me in an uncomfortable way. In one hand I held a bucket of chalk and in the other a pair of flip flops. My bare feet padded through my neighbor's lawns and across streets.

I made my way through the rusty gate the ran around the small park. I sat down near the swingset and began to draw on the sidewalk. Stick figures, suns, clouds, trees. The basics.

"Why doesn't the girl in your stick figures have a face?" I turned around to see a small girl with dirty blonde hair and freckles staring down at my drawings.

I blinked. I didn't know how to answer her. "I don't know, because."

"Oh." She plopped down next to me and we sat for awhile. She looked up and me and grinned. "Can I draw her face?" I blink again and slowly covered up my chalk bucket with my back.

A shadow came over us, blocking the sun. "Lizzie, let's not bother the girl, okay?" The boy, Chris, from yesterday stood there, looking down on us.

"But her drawings are all wrong! Nothing's the right color! The trees are orange! The girl has no face!" Lizzie huffed, jumping up from where she had been squating next to me. I blushed, my drawing were wrong.

"Lizzie, apologize to her!" He put his hands on his hips, giving the girl a strange look. He was acting like her mother, or what I think on would be like.

She mumbled something, kicking a rock into the sandpit and running away.

He sighed, plopping down next to me. "I'm sorry about her."

I nodded and he continued. "Nice overalls."

I blushed. "Is that your sister?" He wasn't wearing his glasses, I noted.

"Yeah, sort of." I was about to ask what he meant by sort of but he spoke before I could. "Want me to help you?"

"Sure." And with that he grabbed a piece of chalk and began to draw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dee's outfit.