Fifth Period Massacre

Revenge!

I walked through school that day less nervous than I usually was. The bulge on my hip was burning into my skin, or so it seemed. Usually I looked down when I walked down the halls, but I couldn’t help but keep glancing at people who passed by me. It was the last time I would ever see most of them.

I had to wait until the fifth period pep rally. I hated pep rallies, on a normal day. Today was different, today would be good. I knew the gymnasium had been decorated the day before, so I had snuck in before school that morning in order to redecorate and add my own style to the place. I was sure that they would all love it.

It was already third period, I could feel the anticipation building in my gut. I was honestly excited, even though what I had planned was rather dreadful. But I walked to class and sat though the entire thing and then it was fourth period. I had planned to skip, and I did.

I went straight to the gym, nearly running. I hoped that I wouldn’t get caught, and once I’d made it there and the entire place was vacant I knew the coast was perfectly clear. I looked up at the banner I’d made to replace the one that had previously been there that read, “We’ve Got Spirit!” I liked mine much better.

I’d used an old bed linen, some black and red paint. The word “Revenge!” was printed onto it in black. Around it, red paint was splattered to look like blood. The bleachers were empty so far, but after a while they would be filled and I would have my moment.

Everybody would begin entering the gym in exactly twenty minutes. I shook anxiously, tapping my foot on the ground and drumming my fingers on my thigh. As the clock ticked by and I waited, I grew more shaky and anxious. I licked my lips, gazing around the room.

The bell rang. I stopped breathing. My heartbeat quickened in pace, I knew what was about to happen. My fingers ran over the bulge in my side, which had been concealed all day by my oversized hoodie. My breathing became shallow and rapid; I reached into my hoodie and pulled out what I’d been hiding all day.

A loaded .45 Magnum, another few boxes of bullets in my pockets, I now had the power. I first students that came in gave me odd looks, and I hid the weapon once more behind my back. By the time the gym was full, everybody was staring at me, none bothering to ask me to take a seat. Faculty members and preppy teenagers all gawked at me.

“You killed my hopes,” I shouted loud enough for everybody to hear. “Called me names,” I bit my lip. “Other than this, there’s no fucking escape. “I looked around, everybody was completely silent. “I never cried, never fell. I’m just like you.”

It was my time now, nobody could steal my moment, and so far nobody had tried. I could tell that a few teachers were becoming weary and nervous. I couldn’t say I blamed them.

I brought the gun from behind my back, every person in the room gasped.

“You’re all going to pay with your fucking lives.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You all probably think I'm insane.
All I ever write about is unhappy endings and people being crazy or suicidal.
:)
But, seriously, second one shot in one day. Can I get at least one comment for that?
I would probably love you.

Song credit, for basically everything; "Fifth Period Massacre" by LeatherMouth.

Forever and a day,
Sydney.