Status: Will be Posted after completely finished.

Unrequited Love

Settling

Unrequited Love Chapter Two

Of course it was Aj to be the first to speak, “What are we ganna do Larisa? We have no family anymore, Isa we are the only ones left in our lifeline.”

“I don’t know Aj, we have nowhere to go, no one to be. Are we supposed to stay here in California? Move back to Washington? Get jobs? Drop out of high school? Sell the house? Buy a new one? I just don’t know! Why are you asking me!?” I could go on and on. Then a thought passed through my mind. “Aj I’m only sixteen! I don’t want to get adopted or anything! I don’t want to move away, or be taken away from you!”

“Isa, Isa don’t worry. I would never let that happen!” He reassured me. “Not after what happened with dad. I won’t let them take you.”

“What do you mean what happened with dad?”

“Today, while we were fighting…The last thing I said to him was that I hated him. But I don’t hate him, Isa, I love him, and now he’s gone and he’ll never know that I love him more than anything.” My brother started to cry.

Soon enough a social worker came by to talk to me. They talked in all this mumbo-jumbo language about how I’m a minor and can’t live alone, and that I would need to be placed in an orphanage, but luckily my bother stepped in, yelling and pale in the face. He explained to them that I would be staying with him, and that he would be my legal guardian.

“Who are you? We were informed that Larissa Thyme didn’t have any living family.”

“Well she does; she’s got an older brother who will be taking her.”

“You are Larisa’s brother?” The women asked. I took a minute to look at her; she was dressed like any regular business woman would have dressed for this occasion, of course in a suit.

“Yes, blood related; I’m twenty years old. I have a stable job and a house we can live in. In no circumstances is Isa leaving with you to any foster home!” My brother exclaimed like the hero he usually is. We were always pretty close and I’m guessing after the shock of all of this wears off he will be my knight in shining armor, just like he always is when things go wrong. When mom first started getting sick he was the one to keep me going.

“You will have to sign a couple forms and get certified by the judge as her legal guardian. It could take a couple days.” She stated handing over some thick packets of legal documents. “The judge and I will be in touch in a couple days, see that you have those forms filled out by then.”

“Of course,” he said as she shook his hand, nodded at me and then walked away; her high heels clicking as she walked.

It took only three business days to get the papers, sign them by the judge, social worker, and my brother. It took two days to determine whether or not to move or stay in the house we’ve been living in for two years now. It took nine days to get packed up and make arrangements to move back to Washington.

It took another three days to get a house in our old town of La Push, and move all our stuff into the new house. On the twelfth day after my parent’s death we had finally fully moved into our new home, back in our home town. Things were looking up. I knew my father would be proud that we had moved back, close to our roots. I was proud of us; I mean really, it’s only been twelve days. I hadn’t broken down once, but I knew it was coming, but I hoped it never would. I didn’t want to waste moments of happiness on sadness in the memory of my parents. I loved them, and they would always be in my heart.

This whole thing wasn’t bugging me much, with the picking up and moving of my whole life, right in the middle of school might I add. I was just worried because I hadn’t spoken to Riven since the day of the accident. I was hoping he was okay. I mean seriously, how could a vampire get hurt or anything, but the truth is they aren’t invincible, and something bad could have happened.

However right now was not the time to talk about this; I have to prepare for tomorrow, my first day of school. Quileute High, that’s where I will be attending the last semester of my sophomore year. I’m really nervous. I mean, I was here until seventh grade, but will anyone remember me? Does it matter? Will anyone like me….hate me? I’m nervous, and excited; I really, truly, can’t wait for tomorrow, but at the same time I could wait forever!

However forever didn’t want to wait with me, and Friday came whether I wanted it to or not. My brother woke me up at seven so I could go to school which started at eight. I took a quick shower and got dressed, did my makeup and hair in record time so that I could arrive early at school to get my schedule and other papers and such. When I got there, there weren’t too many people there. Even so, the few people that were there stared at me, some with confused faces, and some with indifference. After all I was just a new girl, that’s all, nothing new about that. Back in Cali we had a new student almost every day.

Before my brother dropped me off he told me not to get into any trouble. I seriously don’t think I could get into any trouble in a small town like La Push. I told him not to worry, and so far I’ve been really good, granted school hadn’t even begun yet.

I went to the front office and told them my name, and the old, greying lady who sat behind the desk handed me a map and a schedule of my classes. I thanked her sweetly, and she gave me one of those smiles only a grandmother could give. I looked down at the crisp, white piece of paper so I could study my schedule. I walked out of the office as I read over the paper.

First hour: World History
Second hour: Chemistry
Break
Third hour: Photography
Fourth hour: Former Geometry
Lunch
Fifth hour: AP English
Sixth hour: French

Then, after all those hours, I can go back to my new house, and probably do nothing all evening.

I deeply sighed as I took out the map to the school and noticed my first class was in the second building on the opposite side of the football field. I went out the back doors, and started along the track, making my way towards the opposite building. I noticed, as I walked, that there were a lot more people than there had been earlier. There were little groups scattered around on the field, and some on the bleachers, apparently this was the only place you could hang out, save for the hallways in the two buildings. I could tell people only went into the halls if they really needed to, because there were always teachers in the hall. I had noticed this when I walked through the building. It was like clockwork, and it kind of freaked me out.

By this time I had already made it to the second building; it had a big BLD2 on it, which, I’m guessing, means building two. There was also a sign like that on the other building, but it had a 1 on it instead of a 2. I walked into the building after taking another quick sweep around the field. I couldn’t believe the people I was seeing were people I had known one time or another. I tried remembering some of their faces, but they began to blur together.

I quickly walked down the hallway, trying to get the class room at the very end of the hall. There were some kids there, again, none that I recognized. I made it to my first class right as the warning bell rang, which means we had five more minutes to get to our classes. I went in to Mr. Kurt’s class right away so I could skip all the embarrassing introductions in front of people. I didn’t really care either way, but I liked avoiding it as much as possible.

I went to his desk, and stood there until he took his eyes of the newspaper he was reading. “Can I help you young lady?” He asked…so far it’s just like Cali.

People there were kind of rude, and no matter how long you had a teacher they always forgot your name by the next period. “I’m Larisa Thyme, Mr. Kurt I’m your new student.”

“Oh yes, yes how could I have forgotten!? Right this way dear, in this class we do have assigned seating, but don’t worry I will place you next to the smartest person in this class. He can be your study buddy until you catch up with the class.”

Did this teacher just say “study buddy?” How lame is that?
In Cali, well those teachers were too cool for school, except for the old bats that seemed like they always had a stick up their ass, they all seemed like beach bums that belonged riding the waves in the ocean tide. I have to face it, La Push will never be like Cali!

“Thank you,” I said quietly before I sat down and unpacked my binder from my backpack. I took out my pen and started tapping it against the desk, waiting for school to start then finish.
Only two minutes past before the seats around me starting piling in with students. They were laughing, and joking around just like any other school population would before school began. In the three seats closest to me sat three boys, all of them gave me weird glances as they sat down, and continued staring at me as they sat there.

The one, who sat diagonal to me, focused his eyes on me, as he leaned in closer. I leaned back in my chair, not feeling all too comfortable with this situation. “Do I know you from somewhere?” He asked me.

I took in his appearance; he was somewhat short, but he had bulky muscles that kind of made him look like he was trying too hard to not get picked on because of his small size. My left eyebrow rose questioningly, “I don’t believe so.”

“I think I do know you; I wouldn’t forget a pretty face like yours.” He winked, trying to be suave. It wasn’t really working for him. I burst out laughing, having to hold my stomach, and hope I wouldn’t fall out of my desk.

“I’m sure you wouldn’t kid,” I said as soon as I could catch my breath.

“I’m sure it would make placing you better if I knew the pretty name to your pretty face.”

“It’s Larisa, pretty boy.”

He turned to face the boy that sat behind him, “Ya’ hear that!? She thinks I’m pretty.”

“Yeah I do; maybe it you were some pink it’ll bring out your eyes. Guys will fall head over heels for you, ma’am.” I gave him a witty remark…well it was witty to me at least, and apparently his friends too because they started laughing, but after that the bell rang signaling the start of first period, so to be the good girl I am I shut my mouth and listened to my beloved teacher.

Within five minutes of the class I was falling asleep. I mean seriously; what person in their right mind would give me History as my first lesson of the day!? I tried with all my might to listen and pay attention without falling asleep or zoning out. However that plan didn’t fallow through because as soon as the teacher’s monotone voice started a long speech I was out like a light.

I woke up with laughter filling my ears. There wasn’t a lot of laughter, and it was kind of hushed so I guessed the teacher hadn’t noticed I was sleeping. I could just tell the laughter was pointed at me. I mean seriously what kind of new student falls asleep in their first class? A stupid student would, that’s for sure.

By the time chemistry was over I was completely done with school…for like ever!!! I was starting to miss my school in California. I miss all the people that would push and shove in the halls trying to get to their classes fast, and never bothering to apologize for their rudeness. I missed the snobby teachers, but all the same I liked it here in La Push. It’s just going to take some time getting used to a small town again.

Chemistry had totally wiped me out, but thankfully we had a short thirty minute break. As I walked out of my chemistry class someone tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned around I saw Embry the guy who had been sitting in front of me in my History class. He smiled at me, “So hey since you’re new here and everything, how about we hang during the break. You can get to know Quil and Jacob even more, I guess.”

“That sounds great, thanks!”

“Okay cool, cool. Yeah perfect I know Quil will love this. He doesn’t talk to a lot of girls usually.”

“Yeah you can kind of tell.” We both laughed at that as we made our way to the football field.

I wasn’t quite sure how my first day back in La Push would turn out but I was hoping for the best. The two classes I had already taken seemed fairly easy, and my new friend Embry would surely make it fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just to get thing started. Some subscribers and or comments would be nice.

I'll update soon.