By The Swing

Luna

As I went home, I tried out the album on my stereo. This was what I always did when I have a new record. Music is like my new way of meditating/relaxing.
The first song I played was “Fix you”.
“If I named it myself right now, it would be ‘I want to fix me’,” I murmured to myself.
Don’t get me wrong, Coldplay is the best band I know from UK.
While I was listening to the music, I wondered what I could do, since I was bored.
I got my guitar and pretended I was playing the song at a concert.

Tears stream, down your face, the music played. I made a emotional look, as if I was eating my heart out. I was in my own world right now.
I promise you, I’ll learn from my mistakes, it continued. Suddenly I remembered the kid at 4th grade I punched in the face. It was awesome.

I decided to go for a walk that late afternoon, since nothing else was going to happen. I got my rollerblades and glided through the roads till a got to the park.
I got there in a couple of minutes. Some boys were playing football like they were Brazilians. I’m not surprised if they were.
As I went near the playground I noticed that no one was there. But then I saw the same girl on the swing.
She was swinging up and down, back and forth. I caught a glimpse of her face but I didn’t seem to know what expression she had.
I turned my attention to some family having a picnic. They were having a wonderful time. A dog was sniffing around the picnic. I felt warmth in my heart when I saw those folks.
I passed by a few women talking to each other about fitness while jogging. I then stopped to see a lose dog.
The dog looked at me and just walked slowly towards my place. It was a golden retriever. The dog didn’t have any collar, but I was sure that it had one before it went loose. I checked if the retriever was a girl or a boy. It was a girl. She looked troubled. I decided to take the dog with me. I was quite positive that she got loose just recently, and that the owner is right here at the park.
I looked around. No one was near us. The dog was tame and just followed me wherever I went.
“It seems that you have to stay with me for a while,” I told the dog, while patting her head. The dog just gave a wag of her tail.
We went around the park and asked some people.
“No, I don’t know the owner of that canine, sorry,” one guy said clutching his skateboard.
“Oh, that’s OK, thanks anyway,” I replied.
He waved at me and went off.
We encountered some people who were walking but again they didn’t know.
“But that is one, cute dog!” they assured me, “The owner has lost a very good dog.”
I thanked them and decided I should let this rest. I was tired and didn’t want to go finding the owner anymore today. I just led the dog to Fred’s parlor.
I gave her some water, since she looked, somehow, thirsty. I treated myself a strawberry sundae.
“So, Craig, you don’t know who the owner of this beauty is?” Fred asked.
“Yeah, I don’t. But I just have to stop now. I will try to get some more information tomorrow.”
I left the store with the dog. She seemed excited when we got to my room. I should have thought twice about taking a dog into my sanctuary.
She looked around. Then she stared at something beside me. It was the T.V.
“Huh? Oh. That, is the feast of the eyes,” I told her warningly.
As soon as I told her about it, she wagged her tail several times.
“Oh, no. This is going to be harder than I thought.”
But it turned out that it wasn’t. I saw her go to a broken baby bed. The bed was given to me from my mum for no reason. She said I used to be sleeping in it.
The legs of the bed and one side were gone so the dog didn’t have any problem trying to sleep on it.
She went fast asleep. I never liked the bed in my room, but now, I had to thank my mum.
I was too tired to think of anything else. I lay down slowly on my bed, trying not to wake her. I saw her snuggled up, her chin against the bed.
As soon as my mind went empty, I too, was fast asleep.

But something woke me up in the middle of the night. It was pressing against my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw her sleeping on my stomach. She was looking at me, sadly.
I had nothing else to do but stroke her fur for some time. I noticed that it was very smooth.
I looked out my window and saw the full moon.
“Since you woke me up now, I will name you my good friend. I will name you, Luna.” I said.