By The Swing

The Party

As I told Luna everything, she was quite excited too. We both ran down back to my car and drove off.
Luna put her head out of the window a bit. Wind blew her face until she couldn’t take it anymore. The way to Jack’s party was also near the park where I found Luna. So, I tried to look if the girl was still their on the swing.
Too unusually, the girl was stll there. Also on the same swing. As I looked at her, Luna gave a bark.
“Yeah, Luna, the park where I found you,” I said.
As we reached a house which I presumed as Jack’s place, I knocked on the door. Luna was beside me. As the door opened, she gave a bark and a wag.
“Yo, come on in!” Jack said.
Luna barked again.
“Oh! What a nice looking dog you have here Craig,” he said, “A retriever I see. Girl or boy?”
“She’s a girl,” I answered.
As soon as we entered Jack’s house, a sort of, surprise, welcomed us.
It was his friends, who jumped out of nowhere.
They had goofy and weird hats. And all of them were praising me and Luna. They looked as if they’ve been drinking all night long. But it turned out they hadn’t.
“Welcome, man!” they greeted me.
“Craig, this is my gang,” Jack told me.
“Hello everyone,” I said, quite shyly.
“Guys, this is Craig!”
“Really, Jack? He’s the guy who made the prank?”
My heart sinked. I thought I was going to be sued.
“Yeah, he’s the one,” Jack said.
“Cool!” they said together.
In my heart I felt as if Jack’s gang was drunk or took loads of drugs.
It was awesome.

They toured me inside the house. I discovered that the place was really nice. Even Luna seemed to be enjoying it. They had a big pool.
“We enjoy night swimming you see,”

The place had a game room, with all the entertainment you need.
“Might be one of my favorite places here,”

I saw a very clean and stylish kitchen. I had to hold down Luna when she was sniffing aggresively around the place.
“You do not know how bad my friend, Jena, cooks. But she is going to cook for us later, sadly.”
“Hey, shut up!” a voice cried out of nowhere.

Later on, Jack showed me something even more amazing. A room with a magnificent view. I carried Luna so she can take a look. At that moment I then realized something quite strange. I traveled to his house not knowing what was near it. The house was beside the beach!
“Didn’t see that coming, eh?” Jack asked, grinning.
“Yup,” I said.
“Well when I was looking for a house, I passed by this one. And I said, ‘Wow, I gotta get this baby,”
“Lucky you,”
“Heh, well, it’s time to eat, I guess I have to die again,”
“I heard that, Jack,” the voice shouted out again, which I percieved to be Jena’s.
We then came to our table, where there was a feast. Luna was horrifyingly mad already. So, we decided to give her her food. When we did, it was like God making all the storms and waves quiet and peaceful.
I saw what we had for dinner. A hearty meal of pasta. And beside it were some pieces of garlic bread. I loved garlic bread when I was a kid.
After we prayed with the others, Jack announced something to all of us.
“Glad to see you all here, friends. It is all so fun to look at your happy faces staring at an old little loner. And I…”
Someone interrupted his talk.
“Quit the drama, boy, our stomachs feel like they wanna quit being in our stomachs!”
We all laughed together.
“Oh, alright, let’s just dig in,” Jack said.
In a few moments we were all like army ants. I, myself did not hesitate to take a bite. After all, everything on the table looked irresistible.
While Luna and me were eating side by side, on a couch. Some friends came to know me.
The first bunch was a couple, Melissa and Jaron. They seemed pretty close to each other. A bit too close, actually.
The next fellow I met was considerably weird, but cool in the same way. He was a guy who wore shades. Big shades.
“Nice to meet you Craig,” he said, “My name is Weston, but I rather wish people would call me Vanilla,”
I introduced myself afterwards.
He told me some of his interests and I shared mine. Vanilla seemed to like keychains a lot since I noticed he attached some to his pants.
When he needed to leave, he gave me something made out of old paper.
I understood this to be his card. It had his telephone number and a little scribble on the side which read: IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, JUST CALL ME. –VANILLA 8D.
I looked at my watch and saw that it was getting late. I tried to see if Jack was around. I heard some footsteps thomping on the stairs then there was Jack, holding several board games.
“Jack, me and Luna have to go,” I told Jack.
“Aw man! And the fun was just about to start! Oh, might as well,” he said in a bit of complaint, “Oh well, we are all glad that you partied with us, Craig,”
“Thanks for everything,” I thanked them, giving a big smile, “I really enjoyed it!”
They waved at me as I got in my car with Luna.
“Now who wants to play a little game of checkers?” I heard Jack ask his guests.
“Oh, c’mon! Let’s just get on with the Wii!” they all said back at him.
“OK, OK! Gosh,”
Luna gave one last bark and we were off.