Status: Alive

The Magic of Twins Rivals the Magic of Love

I've Decided That Today Seems Alright To Piss Away

I briefly glanced at my sister as she left the Great Hall. I looked away and grabbed some toast while a cup full of tea appeared next to my plate. I finally looked at Draco.

“Morning, Sunshine.” He grunted in response, grabbing a cup of coffee and taking a sip. “Well, well. Aren’t we all bright and sparkly this morning?” I cheerfully grinned. I’d been up for hours by this point and had numerous cups of coffee.

“DRAKY-POO!” The squeal broke through every other voice in the great hall, the walls on the verge of shaking as Piggy Parkinson ran down the length of the table to Draco Malfoy; not that she was going very far very fast, anyways. I could see stress build up in his entire body, muscles tensing.

“You want her away?” I mumbled and took a bite of my eggs on now full plate.

“Wha-?” He looked at me, still not quite awake.

“Follow my lead. And don’t get pissed. I’m doing you a favor.”

“Draco!” Pansy smile, her eyes glittering. She looked at me and scowled. “Romano. You should teach your sister which social class she should be hanging around.” As she was talking, I scooted a bit closer to Draco and linked my hand with his. I knew him less than a day, but I was banking on the fact that Miss Parkinson wasn’t so smart.

“Well, Pansy, I think you should figure out which social class you’re in before you run around telling people who they should and shouldn’t be hanging out with.”

“Is that supposed to mean something?” I rolled my eyes uncontrollably.

“It means, stupid, that farm animals shouldn’t attempt to wiggle in with Purebloods, especially when they smell bad and are covered in mud.” I smirked as her face dropped.

“A-are you saying I’m a farm animal?” I took a bite of my eggs and ignored her, grabbing for my toast next.

“Draco, dear, could you let my hand go for a second?” He released my hand, eating a bit as he watched Pansy from the corner of his eye. She turned an interesting shade of pink as I grabbed Draco’s hand again. I glared at her. “Can we help you anymore? Or are you just going to stand there and attract flies? I really don’t like people staring at me, either.”

“Draco,” her voice was clipped, “what do you think you’re doing?”

“He’s holding hands with his girlfriend.” I raised our intertwined hands in emphasis.

“He is?” A squeak.

“I am?”

“Of course you are, darling. Don’t be shy about it.”

“T-that’s right.” He gathered himself together again. “I am. So, Pansy, if you could go find something to do, I have to show my sweetheart to her classes.” I shot a quick smirk to Pansy.

‘I win.’ I mouthed and let Draco pull me by my hand through the hall.

“That didn’t bloody help any.”

“Give it a few hours, Draco dear. She’ll plot something and the Romano twins will retaliate twofold. An attack on one of us is practically a declaration of war. Pansy Parkinson, by the end of the day, will avoid you at all costs.”

“How do you-“

“What’s our first class, then?” He pulled out two timetables.

“Professor Snape, unlike the other professors, looks at our scores from previous classes and places us where he sees best. I managed to get him to give me your timetable along with mine. Your classes are different pretty much every day, because you already completed so many where you were before.”

“Oh, the joy of foreign schools.” I spoke sarcastically. He smirked at me.

“Today, you have Transfiguration first with McGonagall. Afterwards, you have Double Potions with Snape. Fortunately, I’m in that class as well and I can help you out.”

“Fortunately, I’m superb at making potions.”

“Not better than me, I bet.”

“I bet you I am.”

“Eleven Galleons to the winner.”

“Alright. After Double Potions, what do I have?” Draco looked in my eyes a moment longer before looking at my timetable again.

“Lunch hour, then History of Magic with Binns. After that you’re off for the rest of the day. Bloody lucky, if you ask me.”

“And tomorrow, if you don’t mind.”

“You’re first class is-bullocks!”

“What?” I looked at my timetable over his shoulder.

“You’re only class tomorrow is Ghoul Studies.”

“Oh, fun. Can we change classes?”

“If the head of house says it’s necessary, they can change it for you.”

“What are the chances of Snape changing Ghoul Studies to something more constructive?”

“Depends on how well you do in his class today.” He paused. “And if you do his homework.” I sneered to myself. We stopped walking at what I assumed was the Transfiguration classroom. “This class is with some of the Gryffindors. Slytherins sit on the right. McGonagall, depending on her mood, may have a seating chart set. In that case, your name with be hovering over your seat. Usually, by now it’s a sit where you want kind of deal, but she may get a broomstick up her arse and put you in alphabetical order.” A bell rang throughout the halls, students beginning to run to classes, first years getting even more lost.

“Isn’t this in your job description as well?” He sighed and rubbed his face. “Wish you finished that coffee?”

“Merlin, yes.” He turned around to look at some students. “Chang! I bloody well know you don’t have Transfiguration this block! Get to class or it’ll be a detention!” Draco turned back to me, actually grinning because the girl started moving faster down the hallway. “Well, I must be off. I’ve got Charms now.” He kissed me on the cheek and strutted down the hallway, yelling at students as he passed. I grinned and walked into the classroom.

“Miss Romano, you’re late.”

“I’m sorry Professor-“

“Sorry doesn’t cut it, Miss Romano. You get an exception from punishment this time, however next time you will not be so lucky. My suggestion for you is to be more like your sister and get here before the bell rings. Are we clear?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Good. Your seat is next to your sister’s. Sit so I may begin my lecture.” I sat down at the third table back, two seats in, on Ronnie’s left side. We pulled out parchment and quills, along with our timetables. We didn’t get to compared them as immediately we started with notes, making sure we didn’t miss any important parts.

“Don’t even think I don’t know what happened outside of that door before you walked in.” Ronnie hissed at me as we pulled out textbooks about halfway through class. My grin grew.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no excuse beside I suck. really bad. I apologize. I should get better at updating now. :)
-Nicole V

Title Credit: Living in a Dream by Finger Eleven.