A Kiss And I Will Surrender

15 Messages

Gerard's POV

It seemed that Mikey had calmed down from earlier. Right now he was laying his head on my chest and watching Halloween, we were both on the tan/brown couch. He wasn't crying like he had been. I really thought he would never stop. His face glistened from the wetness of his tears and he shook harder than ever. He stopped though. He stopped after we fell asleep in bed earlier today.

I looked down at him, his face had no expression on it and he was staring at the TV.

I started running my fingers through his hair and he smiled in response. I kept doing it until he looked up at me. I smiled at his face, now dry and unshaken. He leaned up some as I leaned down and we softly kissed.

I never got why couples all ways kissed with great force. I had seen people around school that would kiss and it would never be a soft kiss, it was all ways a forcefully one.

It wasn't like that with me and Mikey though. He could kiss me so softly, yet I still felt the amount of passion and love as having a heavier kiss.

He went back to laying on my chest, I knew he wasn't in the mood. I knew he wasn't going to be for a while. Probably for the fear lurking through his head, about our dad. I had it too. Not for the same reasons as his.

His fear was dad would come and make him do something he didn't want to, like at our old house. My fear was he was going to hurt Mikey. My Mikey. I wouldn't let that happen though.

We layed there for the rest of the movie, Mikey would occasionally jump at the parts where strange things jumped into the picture. I don't know why he jumped though, he's seen the movie tons of times and knew what was coming up, but he did each time, and every time he did I would laugh, which made him laugh to.

We both fell asleep on the couch during the credits of the movie. How we were so tired today, I don't know. I guess it was being close to each other and never wanted to let each other go that made us stay together, which made us sleep.

I heard Mikey's phone in our bedroom all day. He never went in there to answer it, he just let it ring. From time to time I would ask him if he knew who it was and he would all ways respond with a 'no' and 'i don't want to know'. So I never bothered with it too.

My phone was shut off last week. My parents did it, I was surprised Mikey's wasn't yet. Probably my dad's decision to keep his working, since he liked Mikey so much. I didn't care about mine being shut off, I would get a job soon and pay for it. I needed to get a job real soon. I spent all my money on the motel and this house. We were going to need food soon though, and coffee.

Ring, Ring,
Ring, Ring,

I heard it again, Mikey's phone ringing in the bedroom. Who would call this much? I had to know. I slowly got off the couch, pushing Mikey off of me, and going into the bedroom to see who had called. I flipped the phone open and it said,
'Fifteen New Voice Mails'

Damn. I called his voice mail and listened to the fifteen messages.

Message 1: "Mikey this is your mom you and your brother need to come to the hospital right away.' My mom called, and she was crying.

Message 2: 'Sweetie I know your mad but there something wrong with your father. Please just come to the hospital.'

Message 3: 'Boys please come to the hospital.'

That's how all fifteen messages were. My mom begging Mikey and I to go to the hospital to see our dad. Something happened to him, and by the way my mom was crying on the phone, I could tell it was something bad.

I closed the phone and placed it back on the dresser. I went into the living room to wake Mikey. We needed to go to the hospital. As much as we both hated that man, we needed to go to the hospital for our mom. I still loved her, and I know Mikey did too.

I slightly shook Mikey and his eyelids slowly opened. At first he looked confused and then looked at me.

"Why'd you wake me?" He asked in his sleepy voice.

"We need to go to the hospital." I said back. Mikey shot up.

"For what?"

"Dad's in the hospital, mom's been calling us all day begging us to come down. We need to go down there for our mom." I said and he shook his head, Knowing we weren't going down there for our father but for our mom.

He got up and we got our jacket and put our shoes on. We didn't care if we were in our pajamas, we just needed to get to the hospital and comfort my mom about my dad. I wonder what happened to him.

Okay so since I didn't update yesterday, I'm updating twice today. Comment!!!