A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Three Floors Up

Mikey's POV

Gerard and I got in the car and headed towards the hospital. Neither one of us were going for our dad, we were both going for our mom. She needed us.

We arrived at the hospital. A six story, white, hospital. We walked into the strangely clean place and went to find our mom.

"Can I help you?" A lady in blue scrubs asked us from behind the front desk.

Gerard told the blond haired lady who we were looking for and she told us to go on the third floor and we will see our mom.

We did as she was told. I was nervous, I all ways was in hospitals. I held Gerard's hand the whole time, receiving disgusted looks from the people that passed us, but I could care less. We got to the third floor and instantly saw our mom sitting in the waiting room crying. Gerard and I walked over to her.

We sat in the chair on both sides of her. I put my hand on her back and she looked up at me. She then wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug. She cried onto my shoulder which made me want to cry, but I held back my tears.

She then did the same to Gerard and he rubbed her back and hugged her as tightly as she was hugging him.

They then separated.

"Mom what happened?" Gerard asked.

"Y-your dad, he, he was in the c-car, and well he crashed. We got back from your graduation and he dropped me off and w-went for a drive. About t-ten minutes later I g-got a call to come here." My mom said sobbing in between words.

None of us said anything after that. After about five minutes a man with short blond hair and a white doctors coat came into the room.

Ma'am, I'm sorry to tell you but you're husband has passed away. The crash crushed his skull and there wasn't enough time to fix it. I'm sorry." The man then walked back through the big doors and left all three of us sitting in the waiting room in shock.

My mom started crying even more. I didn't cry though, and neither did Gerard. I don't think it was because he hated him but because we were too shocked. I don't think either of us thought that was going to happen. I pulled my mom in for another hug and rocked her back and forth.

"Do you want us to drive you home mom?" I asked her.

She shook her head and we got us and went to the car. I sat in the back with her while she cried. We got to her house and dropper her off. After that we went home. Gerard didn't say anything to me in the car, but then again I didn't say anything to him. He kept his eye's on the road and I kept mine out the window.

We got to our house and went in. We sat on the couch, staring at a blank TV.

"I can't believe he died." Gerard finally said.

"Me neither." I said back. Those were the only things we said to each other that night.

After staying on the couch for about thirty minutes we got up and went to bed. We snuggled close to each other and held on to each as tight as we could. I think we did this because of the fear of loosing each other. Maybe we thought something was going to happen to each other.

Okay so I hope this was okay. Please please comment!!!