A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Exams And Bruised Cheeks

Mikeys POV

I woke up the next morning at 6:30. Gerard's arms were wrapped around my waist and my head was buried into his chest. I didn't want to get up but I had to. Exams were today at school and if I wanted to graduate then I had to go.

I slowly got up and started getting ready. By the time I was ready Gerard was still asleep so I grabbed my backpack and left. I was close enough to walk to school.

Down in the lobby it was extremely quite. It was weird because usually when your at a motel there's all ways someone at the desk when you walk in and someone checking in or out. The only people down here was an old couple getting some coffee.

The lobby wasn't the greatest looking place in the world. The white paint on the walls was chipping off, the furniture was old, and the floor was a maroon and tan checkers. I hated it.

I grabbed some coffee and left to go to school.

As I was walking to school I got kind of scared. My dad could drive down this road any minute and no one was around to help me if he did something. I knew if anything happened to me Gerard would know it was my dad but I didn't want anything to happen. I quickened my pace and soon was running. Clutching my coffee in my hand and holding the strap of my bag.

About five minutes later I was at the school. I finished my coffee and threw it away before I went inside.

As I walked in the tardy bell rang. Of course I was late. I hurried off to class.

I made it before they started the tests and locked the door. I was given a warning slip for being late, even it was the last week.

So all day I sat in my homeroom class room testing. The only time we were aloud to leave was to go to the restroom in between test sections and go to lunch.

I never went to the bathroom when we could with the fear of getting beat up and at lunch I sat with my friend Frank. We all ways sat outside under a big oak tree.

Soon school was finally over and I was going to have to walk back to the motel. I walked out of the school and there was Gerard waiting for me with two cups of coffee in each hand.

I walked over to him with a big smile on my face.

"Hey sweetie." He said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Hey. Thanks for the coffee, I need it." I said and leaned forward to kiss him.

Nothing big just a quick peck on the lips. That was a problem though. Everyone knew we were brothers and no body at this school approved of being gay so being incest with your brother was ten times worse.

As I took a drink of my coffee I was pushed to the ground. My coffee hit the ground first so I ended up landing in it since the top busted off the cup.

I looked up to see who pushed me and there was Chris. Oh god I hated Chris. You can't go a day without him making some remark to you that would make you want to jump off a cliff.

"What the fuck." Gerard said sitting his coffee down.

Chris just looked at Gerard sizing him up. I was scared of what was going to happen. Chris was big. He was on the football team and everyone knew he was strong. He had sent three kids to the hospital before this year.

Gerard turned around to help me up and as he reached his hand out he was pushed on top of me.

He got up and turned to face Chris who was laughing with all his friends. At this point there was a big group of people circled around us to see what was going to happen.

"I swear to fucking god back the fuck up." Gerard said as he pulled me up off the ground.

Once I was up and balanced I said to Gerard, "Let's just go."

"Okay." Gerard said and turned around to walk away with me.

It didn't take long for Chris to come up to Gerard and hit him in the face. Gerard tumbled back onto the ground and I bent down to see if he was all right.

He got hit on the cheek and you could see the swelling you knew there was going to be a bruise. Gerard didn't care though, he didn't let people mess with him. He let people push him around all through high school and he told me before he wasn't going to anymore and that he was going to stand up for himself.

Gerard stood back up and walked over to Chris and hit him back in the face. It was like Chris didn't feel it but how could he not. Gerard had hit him in the eye and it was starting to swell.

Chris lunged toward Gerard but was pulled back by a teacher.

"What's going on here?" The teacher asked looking from me to Gerard to Chris.

"Nothing sir." Chris said smiling like we were just playing around.

"I think it's time for all of you to go home." The teacher said to everyone.

Everyone started walking away as Gerard turned to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. How could he be asking me if I was okay, he the one that got him.

"Yea, are you?" I asked him lightly touching his cheek.

"Yea let's just go home." He said and laced our fingers together.

We walked to the motel hand in hand. I loved him and I wanted to scream it out to the world, but if we didn't want something like what happened today happen again I couldn't scream it, I couldn't even whisper to the world.

{Comment please! I love to read them!}