Status: Active

The Fallen

o28

Frank's P.O.V:

The thing that scared me most was his eyes. He was staring up at me, like I'd been the one to kill him. With all we'd been through, it seemed totally jank that he died on my now. I started to cry. I heard Gerard roar, a deep, anguished noise made for his lost best friend and brother.

Before I knew what was happening, I felt myself being lifted and placed on his back. He took Mikey's lifeless body gingerly in one clawed hand before turning and retreating up the stairs. There were tears falling from his eyes, even in the form of this creature, he was crying for the loss of his brother. He hadn't had to choose between us, but one of us had been lost.

I wrapped my arms around his huge neck, trying to comfort him. I don't think it worked. Limping from the wound in his chest and Mikey in one hand, we made it up the stairs and eventually reached a large chamber where a dead three-headed dog lay. Gee placed Mikey down and took me off of his back.

He began to pace, his head swinging from side to side. I was crying, too. The realization that one of our little band of Fearless Fantasy Fighters was dead was almost too much to bear. I wondered if I could have kept him alive. In the end, I settled on it being my fault for not guarding him more closely.

I knew Gerard blamed himself. He was shaking fiercely, I tried to approach him and comfort him, but I got within ten feet and he growled sharply at me. Honestly, I was afraid of him then, for the first time since I'd met him, genuinely afraid.

“W-we have to find a way out, Gee. I know it's going to be hard on you with how close you were to Mikey, bu-but we really need to get out of here... they'll kill us...” I mumbled, my head down.

Gerard's large head swung around so he faced me. Tears still stained his face, but that only made it more surprising when he snapped at me viciously. I jumped, admitting a high pitched noise of fear before retreating to Mikey's body.

He was growing cold now. A new wave of sadness crashed over me, making me cry out in the pain I was feeling.

Gerard made a whining noise, but I ignored him. He had snapped at me! The sobs shook my body, and my head fell into my hands.

Frankie? I'm sorry... I only reacted like that because I'm upset about loosing him. I... can't believe he's gone. What am I gonna tell Donna...?

I didn't answer, my gaze becoming unfocused as I lost all feeling. The sensation of falling away from my sorrow and fear....
~

Mikey's P.O.V

Nothing was anything anymore. My world was a blur. Well, the blur was better than the sickness I'd been feeling over the past day or so. I couldn't comprehend anything. I could hear or feel. At least here, I can think clearly, even if all I see is blurry. Even if all I see is light. There's so much of it! Never have I been in such an illuminated place.

A figure approaches, and as soon as I can tell it's a man, my world grows less blurry, and I can see edges. I can see and hear again. It's so good to feel once more. The man had brown hair and glasses and sweet, melty eyes. He is tall and thin. I am looking at me.

“Hello Michael,” The bright, robe-wearing me said calmly.

I am not sure what to say to him.

“Uhh, sup?”

Weird glow-y me laughs, “It’s good to see you survived.”

I raised an eyebrow, “I really hate to break this to you, but I’m pretty sure I’m dead at this point. Uhh, and who are you, why do you know my name, why are you glowing, and why do you look like me?”

“The answer to the majority of those questions is that I am you. I glow because I am an angel, or rather, I am the essence you left behind when you were put on earth. I am the essence of your wings.”

I nodded thoughtfully. That made sense… if you were insane and would believe anything, sure, why not? At this point, I had no alternative, “Alright. What do I do now, Angel-me?”

He rolled his eyes exactly as I would have done in the situation, “Call me Ghost. I am a ghost of you, after all.”

Once more, I nodded, half drifting off. Weird, I’d never thought about dying. Never once. I’d assumed because of my previous angel status, I would just be immortal or something like that. Gerard was, that’s for sure.

“So, Ghost, what now?”

“Well, I’ll see what I can do, but I believe you can be rejoined with my half of your soul. Your wings will return, but you have to live up here.”

My shoulders slumped. Was it really worth it if I couldn’t go back to Gee and Frank? I mean, what’s Gerard going to tell Mom?

“Well…” I muttered, “How long do I have to wait until I can go back?”

Ghost looked at me sadly, “Mikey, you can’t go back.”

~

Gerard’s P.O.V

Frank’s body slumped on the floor next to my brother’s, making it look like he was dead, too. That was enough to make me throw my head back and let out a shriek. I felt something intense building in my throat. I swung my head towards the wall of the Demon Prison, keeping my jaws wide.

A moment later, a thick beam of green shot out of my mouth and hit the wall, instantly destroying it. The beam was powerful, and I found it pushing me back away from my target. I dug my hind claws into the dirt floor as the beam became concentrated, radiating through and destroying layer upon layer of stone. Finally, the beam broke through into the outside world, and almost immediately died.

Wish I knew I could do that to the demons….

I returned to Mikey and Frank, neither of which had moved. I put them both on my back in between my shoulders, where they’d stay. I turned towards the whole and charged through it, running as I never had before. It was easier in this form, and before long I was outside, emerging into the arid landscape that I remembered from when Ambera had betrayed me.

I looked down at my wings, remembering my right was broken. I’d have to run. Sighing, I began at a steady pace, charging forward. I moved at least a forty mile an hour pace, reaching our house within two hours. I hadn’t realized how far it was, and I was exhausted.

I couldn’t unlock the door in this shape, so I used my tail to pick it and turn the knob before ducking inside. I wondered how neighbors didn’t see the giant lizard-thing going into their friend’s house. There must be an app for that, or something.

I put Frank on the couch, but I couldn’t think what to do with Mikey. He was a corpse now, but still my brother. Where do they usually keep bodies? Right, in coffins, underground. Awesome. I didn’t want to burry him. I didn’t want to admit he was dead. Sniffing him, I decided it would be best to destroy his body. I had no where to keep him, and I had decided Frank and I were leaving before my mother would get involved. I’d leave her a note saying we all went out one night. Then, when she realized how long it had been, she’d cry because she’d lost us.

I didn’t like to lie to Donna, she was a good woman. She would surely become an Archangel when her time came, I think.

I carried Mikey’s body into the back yard before igniting my green flame again and burning his body. I cried hard watching, but I made no noise this time. I hoped I would get to see him again one day. One day….
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, I like this chapter. Please Comment, so many of you have! I love you all for the support. I've considered wrapping this series up pretty quick, even though I had plans for it because I have other ideas begging to get out. Comment with your opinions, please. This has been a tremendously fun series to write.