Status: Active

The Fallen

o33

That Night

Gerard's P.O.V

When I took Frank to Haven, I think he truly enjoyed himself, even after the flying experience. I made the flight home as smooth as possible, and he didn't seem to mind it much. He may even be getting used to it.

We'd stayed at the Haven lake until very late, Frank had begged me to let us stay the night, but even places as peaceful and serene as Haven can get dangerous at night, so I promised him whatever he wanted in return for coming home with me then.

It took him a while to decide, but he eventually made the decision it would be worth it for me to be his slave. He didn't seem to realize it, but I would already do absolutely anything for him...

He was asleep now, curled up against my chest and occasionally making noise or saying things. I could watch him sleep for hours, just because of what he said. He'd say my name, or I love you, depending on the dream, he sometimes made noises of fear. My only real hope was that he wasn't dreaming about my demon form when he made the scared noises.

Tomorrow, we were leaving for Tannin. I still had the blackshell sword with me, and the phoenix feather arrows, one of the two weapons would go to Frank, even though I didn't want him involved. I really didn't even want him coming, because he could get hurt. If he got hurt, I would never forgive myself. I've already hurt him enough...

~

Mikey's P.O.V

“Michael, where have you been?” Sharron asked me, sweeping silver hair from her face.

I glared at the ground, “I was with my friends. Ask them, they'll tell you.”

Sharron put a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off. She may be pretty, but all she did was ruin my life. She kept constant watch over me, as though she didn't have holy duties to be attending too. As if my mood wasn't bad enough.

I may be invisible when I visit them, but it seems like every time I slip out to see Gerard and Frank I end up just standing there watching them make out, because I don't have the heart to ask them to stop. Whatever, they have each other. I have no one. I have someone I want, but I can't have him. Which improved my mood none.

“Why can't you move on, Michael? They have moved on, why can't you?” she said sympathetically.

I raised my eyes to stare at her with venom in my gaze, “They have not just forgotten me. Why don't you go rip some innocent angel's wings off. Why do you compulsively stalk me? Do you not want me to be happy!?”

Sharron looked at me sadly, “Because you need to realize he has Frank, and you were never more than a brother to him.”

I hissed at her, “Go fuck a duck.”

She stared at me, her silvery eyes glowed angrily, “How dare you speak to me in such a manner, Michael! You will be punished for this.”

“Do your worst.”

~

Frank's P.O.V:

“Frank, come down here, please.” A voice drifted up the stairs to where I was seated on the Way's couch. The T.V was on, but I wasn't paying attention. I climbed down the stairs towards his room, pulling up the door and popping m head inside.

“What?” I asked him.

Gerard was sitting on his bed, his arms behind him, “Come all the way in, and choose a hand.”

I closed the door behind me and moved to sit on the bed next to him, “Uhh, is this a sexual thing?”

“No,” he said, laughing, “Now, choose a hand, my perverted little Frankie.”

I chose his left. He held out the sword he had used at the Demon Prison to me. I just stared at him.

“Shouldn't you be the one handling this? I mean, I'd probably end up chopping your head off rather than one of the angels...”

“Well,” Gerard said, unphased, “I can show you some basic stuff. I actually prefer you use the sword, because the phoenix feather arrows may light unexpectedly and you could catch fire, which would be bad. The backshell sword, however, only cuts through beings that are immortal, one of the many reasons it is so rare. It also means you won't get hurt by it.”

I nodded, “Alright, but if I kill someone important with this, it's on your head.”

~

We fell asleep early that night, because Gerard said we'd need plenty of rest. We were leaving at dusk. Gerard's plan was to sneak in and take Mikey rather than a full front storm because we would be overwhelmed immediately by sheer numbers. If we were discovered, we would have to fight our way out. The only reason Gee had agreed to bring me knowing that was because he said the angels wouldn't harm me. They would kill him and erase any memories of him I had before sending me back to earth.

I wouldn't let that happen. Even though Gerard thought of me as the little human he protected, I had a plan. A plan that ensured both of our survival.

~

Gerard's P.O.V

I watched the sun sink below the horizon line. It was a beautiful time, between day and night. I tapped the glass with my fingers, wanting to be out in my beautiful place. Frank was down in my room, for one reason or another he had requested that I leave him alone, though not in a rude way. So I went up stairs and sat near the window, staring outside at the dwindling rays of sun.

I wasn't looking forward to what we were about to do. I needed to get Mikey out of there, to somehow find a way for him to be more than just a spirit to us, and, unfortunately, this appeared to be the only way for that to happen.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I halfway turned my head to see Frank's head on my shoulder.

“Do you see our fates as well, Gerard?” He whispered, almost somberly.

I kissed his head, “Yes. And we are together through all of them.”

He smiled, I could tell I'd reassured him slightly.

“So,” I asked him, “What were you doing in my room?”

“Oh, nothing important. Shouldn't we be getting ready to leave?”

I nodded. Our plan was to bring our bags and stuff to a hotel I'd booked in Pennsylvania. Because there was no real gate to Tannin, we didn't have to worry about going the extra distance. Frank and I grabbed our stuff (we had packed light, seeing as I was our transportation, and I was only human... well, not really.) The other decision we'd made was it would be easier to fly in my demon form so I could actually carry everything.

“Do you want me in here? When you change?” Frank asked from beside me.

I thought about it, “No. I don't like when people see me in my mid-form.”

He nodded, understanding, and kissed my cheek before heading back down the stairs to fetch the last of the bags.

As soon as he was gone, I stripped off and forced my body into the painful transformation that tore my body in half and then mended it again. My spine felt as though it were stretching through my skin, I could feel every bone elongate, and though usually I had the strength to hold back the screams, the recent death of my brother forced them out of my throat. Several shrieks or pain later, I was lying crumpled on the ground, a massive beast that writhed in pain.

Frankie appeared moments later, gasping when he saw me seizing on the ground.

“Gerard! Gee, oh god, are you okay, baby, please!” He tried to still me, but my limbs flailed and my tail thrashed. Deadly screams escaped my jaws. I didn't remember it being this painful, the last time I'd changed I hadn't felt this excruciating agony, this gut-wrenching pain, not to mention the waves of heat hitting me. It occurred to me I had been so focused on feelings of hate, I hadn't registered the pain past the adrenaline.

Finally, it began to diminish. Frank had supplied me with pain killer, and it seemed to have worked. He was sitting next to my head, stroking me. His touch relaxed me, and at this point, I felt almost sleepy. Moving slowly, I pulled myself to my clawed feet.

Frank looked very worried, “Honey, if you can't go now, we can wait till tomorrow...”

No, babe, don't worry about me. I just wasn't expecting it, that's all. Okay, could you get me some ice, though? Then we can go.

He didn't look to happy, but he slunk off to the kitchen, returning after a moment with a plastic bowl full of ice. He watched and I took it and opened my mouth, dumping the ice down my throat. I felt cool wash over my agitatedly hot body.

Let's go.

“Are you sure you're okay? I don't want to hurt you!”

I'm fine. I love you.

“Love ya too, Gee. But if you keep this up too long, you may not be around for me to love much longer...”

~

Once I was in the air, all drowsiness and pain was gone. Frank's arms were wrapped around my neck, and his breathing was deep and slow, he had fallen asleep an hour or so ago. We had stopped at the hotel, and we were now on the way to the place that could mean the end of everything we've built. Our love. Our happiness. Most of all, our lives
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys like the name "Mikey and Me" For a Waycest? Don't steal that name, Okay? It was my idea, spin off of Marley and Me.Only neither of them are dogs. I think.... Comment with oppinions. Oh, and this was a long chapter, so I didn't put the break-in in it. Sorry D:
COMMENT.