Status: Active

The Fallen

o35

Gerard:

Everything flashed before my eyes. My entire life, most dominantly my time with Frank. At least I knew they wouldn't hurt him. He was an innocent human, and it was against their moral code to kill any human. I could only hope Mikey would take care of him. I tilted my head back, trying to get away from the blacksteel blade that was threatening to behead me. The silver headed angle hissed sharply, pressing the blade forward.

“Give me a reason not to, Way.” She growled, “One reason you don't deserve death in the most painful of ways.”

I swallowed, feeling my heart accelerate, “Because, I'm in love with that boy over there.”

“Ha!” She barked, “Homosexuality is against god's word. If anything, it gives me more reason to kill you. I hope you've said your final goodbyes to this world, because you're going to burn in hell!”

The blade began to cut into my throat, little by little, she was going to do this slow. I closed my eyes, feeling the blade sinking deeper and splitting pain rip through me followed by a blinding light. Suddenly, there was a scream of pain, maybe from myself, before the pressure of blade disappeared. There was a second scream before falling into unconsciousness.

Everything was quiet. In the distance, I could hear voices calling me, voices I didn't recognize. I opened my eyes to a black and gray field, gray wheat swaying with the silent winds. The sky above was pure white and the ground below was pure black. I began to walk, finding myself unable to lift my feet from the ground.

“W-Where am I?” I whimpered to myself, still dragging my feet along the ground towards the horizon. My vision was blurring around the edges, but crystal clear in the center. The field was great, but surrounded by trees except for towards the horizon, where a black sun floated idly. I wondered why the colors here were reversed. I wondered, again, where I was.

This is your suspension, Gerard.

I stiffened, looking around the emptiness surrounding me without spotting a single thing.

“What?” I whispered, sitting down on the blackened earth.

When one dies, they are delivered to a place that suits them, where they are at peace. This place is their personal suspension. You will remain here until the Fates decide whether you will continue onto their afterlife or be sent back to their homeland.

I thought for a moment. So I had died. I was no longer alive? Where were Frank and Mikey? Did they live? God, I hope so, “What do you mean, the Fates? There is a being who can reverse death? Send me back? I need to go back! Please! F-Frank and-”

Do not beg, small one. We are the Fates, three beings who relate to the Bleeding Brothers. We do, in fact, have the power to reverse death. We are judging you and the actions of your two hundred year life. On what grounds do you plead to return to Earth?

“I...” I considered carefully what I would say to this voice. I didn't want to prove I didn't deserve to go back home, so I needed to make sure they understood my situation and why I wanted to go back so they could judge fairly, “On Earth, I have a soul mate. One who will be grief stricken at my death. I do not deny that I want to return for my own selfish reasons as well, but I refuse to endanger the life or sanity of my beloved, and I do not care about the fact that our sexuality goes against the word of God, because he is the only thing that matters to me along with my brother, whose life will also be endangered by my death. The angels, the angel who killed me, may imprison him, though I don't think that she will kill him. I do not trust her with the life of my love, and if he is the sole reason for my return to the world I lived in, so be it. Those are the only grounds I can offer you at the time being.”

How do you plead on the counts that you have directly disobeyed the Angel Code?

“Innocent. I was unfairly banished from the land of the angels, therefore the change in species means I no longer need to follow the Angel Code.” I said quietly.

You make a worthy case, Gerard. We will carefully consider all factors before making judgment. Is it your wish, then, to return to Earth?

“Yes.”

Let us regard your lover. We will give you our decision soon. There is big game in the forest, feel free to hunt and otherwise entertain yourself. Goodbye Gerard.

“Goodbye, Fates. And thank you.”

~

Frank:

“Frank! Oh god, look! Gerard!” Mikey yelled.

I whipped around so I could see where he was pointing with trembling fingers. About ten yards away, the Archangel had Gerard on his knees with her black blade pressed to his throat. He was trembling, his black locks covering his eyes and his teeth bared. The female angel was snarling something, and after a moment, he responded, speaking through his teeth.

The battle continued around us, demons and angels writhing together, but for a moment, my world froze. She would kill him. He was going to die.

I grabbed Mikey's arm and yanked him towards them, winding around battling creatures, occasionally getting slashed or scratched, but I ignored it. I had to get to him, I couldn't let him die. Mikey slipped in front of me, grabbing my sword and slashing at all in front of us, clearing a path towards my love.

It took us a full three minutes to reach them, and the blade was pressed firmly into Gerard's jugular. The woman was speaking words to him, and I could see the blade cutting into his skin. I yanked the sword from Mikey's hand and stumbling towards him. His eyes were closed and blood seeped from the cut. A single tear ran down his cheek, and he mouthed one final thing before the blade sunk deeper into his flesh. I was sure it was now halfway through his neck by now.

I was now right behind her. I lifted my arms high above my head, gripping tightly onto the sword, and plunged the blade down into something that I strongly hoped was her back. My eyes were blurred with tears, but I made out her body as it fell and a scream rung in my ears, followed quickly by a second. I pushed forward as hard as I could, the blade cutting cleanly through her back and pushing out of her naval.

Wiping tears from my eyes, I crawled towards the body of my lover, clutching onto him and shaking lightly, “P-Please, Gee, no! N-No! Don't leave me, don't die! I need you... I need... Please...”

Mikey's arms wrapped around me, but I shook my head, sobs shaking me as I clung to his body. Mikey whispered words of comfort into my ear, but I couldn't take it. I couldn't process anything other than the fact that Gerard, my everything, my reason for existence, was dead, or close to it. I placed two fingers on his neck, trying to ignore the free flowing blood. His pulse was slow and slowing, and I needed to stop the bleeding.

“Frankie, Frankie, let go of him, stop!” He whispered, trying to get me off of him.

I ignored him, letting out a slur of words past my tears, trying to make sense to him that we needed to get the bleeding to stop, even though there was almost nothing we could do. Mikey pulled me into his arms so I could press my face into his neck, one hand still holding Gerard because I refused to let go of him.

Mikey gently rocked me in his arms as I cried, telling me he was here for me and shushing me quietly. I was shivering quite hard by now. The world around us melted away until it was just me, Mikey, and my dying boyfriend.

~

Hours later, the angles had dispersed. They regrouped to find another head Archangel, but for now, Mikey and I and Gee were left in the same place, the body of the Archangel was lying feet away from us. The world was black, even though night should have ended long ago, and I was lying in utter pain and utter silence, curled in upon myself like some oversized and injured cat.

Frankie.

I opened my eyes to nothing. A voice was speaking to me, a warm voice that didn't inspire fear, but comfort, “Hello?”

It's okay, dear. Everything will be alright. We need you to answer some questions, is that alright?

“W-What are you, the police?”

There was a soft, deep chuckle, No, no. It has to do with your partner.

I felt myself choking up, “Oh...”

Do not worry. He is safe. But we need to decide what to do with him, as the Fates we can do one of two things: send him to the afterlife or return him to Earth. Which do you wish us to do, love?

“I want him back!” I yelled.

Of course, he has given us good reason to send him back to you. But he is a being who has lived for two hundred years, and we believe it is time for him to-

“No!” I shrieked, “No, please! I need him back! He's my everything! P-Please don't do this to me! Please... I need him... I need him...”

Please, calm down young one. We will take your wishes into consideration when we decide the fate of Gerard Arthur Way. Now sleep, my child, rest, and when you wake, we will inform you of our decision. Sleep, dear one, sleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohgawd. Formatting was a bitch.

COMMENTS ARE LOVED.

</3