Status: Active

The Fallen

oo4

Mikey’s P.O.V

I swallowed, “What do you mean, what is he? He’s a human. He’s just… off.”

“Mikey, you aren’t getting this,” Frank said suddenly, leaping to his feet and glaring at me, “He’s not a fucking human. He’s…. something else. He spoke into my mind. I’m so sorry, Mikey, but I’ve never met a human capable of that.”

“Have you considered he was doing something to make you think he spoke into your mind?” I asked wearily.

Frank didn’t respond, so I continued, trying to be as gentle as possible, “Frankie, if he wasn’t a human…. What would he be?”

I watched as he began to pace. Privately, I was cussing Gerard out for making him stress like this. I’ve often wondered why I wasn’t born into a normal family, why my mother and father didn’t stay together. If they had, it may have made my life a hell of a lot easier.

“I don’t know, a vampire or something.”

I broke down. Falling back onto Frank’s bed, I laughed so hard I was gasping for breath within seconds. It took a total of seven minutes for me to calm down enough to speak, “You think… my psychopath step brother is…a vampire? Well he couldn’t be. He never leaves the house, except today, and that’s because he spent his time trying to chase me down and force me to show him where you live, which I refused to do. He didn’t run at a supernatural speed. I’m sorry Frank, but I don’t see how that is logical. At all.”

Frank pouted rather cutely, and perched once more on the bed, “Mikes, don’t laugh at me, damn. I know it isn’t…logical, but I’m not going to believe he’s human. I have ot figure out what he is.”

A thought swam through my mind. My eyes widened with the sudden realization, “Frankie, didn’t you say that he told you something like ‘Very soon, I’ll be all you can think about’? Aren’t you…. Aren’t you kind of…. Doing exactly what he wants?”

“Doing exactly what who wants?”

We whipped around to stare at the corner of Frank’s room. The window was open, and Gerard was standing with his arms folded, one foot on the wall, one foot on the carpet. Frank began to tremble, and I could hear him swallow nervously.

“Gee, leave Frank alone.” I tried to sound fearless, but I was pretty sure it came out a squeak.

Gerard smiled a devious half-smile, “Now, whyever would I do that, young brother?”
Frank spoke up. I was surprised when his voice was calm despite how he shook, “Gerard, please. Why are you doing this? Why me?”

“Because you aren’t afraid.”

Frank’s P.O.V

“Quite the contrary, “I muttered, “I feel very afraid when I come into contact with you.”

Gerard’s smile grew less threatening and more warm, “That’s only natural, Frankie. Mikey, could you leave us alone?”

Mikey coughed,” Why, so you can rape him again?”

I almost laughed. Almost. Gerard made an animalistic noise that sounded like a growl and a hiss mixed together. I found myself shifting minutely to put as much distance between us as possible. But I was almost positive he saw because his pupils contracted. Like a cats would.

Gerard’s hazel orbs returned to Mikey, “I have no wish to engage in any physical activity with Frank, whether welcome or no.”

The way he said it was so calm I almost believed him. Mikey spoke again, “No, you got that out of the way earlier, didn’t you?”

I swear I could see him bristling angrily, “Michael. Get out. Now.”

Mikey didn’t move.

Gerard took several steps out of the shadows until he stood directly in front of his stepbrother. He leaned down and whispered something in his ear that caused Mikey to glare fiercely at him, “One day, Gerard, you’ll learn that you can’t force love.”

He just smiles sweetly, “Oh, Michael, if only you knew him like I do. You would know I don’t need to force him to love me. He already does.”

“Well,” Mikey said, “I’m not leaving, so you may as well go.”

Gee nodded. He smiled at me and waved before returning to my windowsill. He jumped out, and my room being on the second story, I expected to see him lying crumpled on the grass below. But he wasn’t there…. At all. This only reinforced my belief that he is more than human. Mikey muttered something about having to be home fore dinner, I didn’t pay attention as Mikey left, closing the door behind him.

Something else had captured my attention. Something else entirely. Lying on my windowsill as though it had been placed there, was a foot long jet black feather.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry they're short! Ahh... our climax approaches. A feather, eh? I wonder why that was there..... Got ideas? Comment. You win a cookie, a hug AND you get mentioned next chapter. You know you want to~ Thanks so much to those who've already commented. I'll be listing your names as well. You get to be on TWICE if you guess what Gee is though :D