Status: Active

The Fallen

oo5

Frank’s P.O.V

I placed the feather carefully on my desk. Unfortunately, I am not a scientific genius, and I do not own anything that could help me to figure out what it is.

Dumbass, it’s a feather. It’s probably from a raven who sat on the tree in your yard.

I willed myself into agreeing with my inner voice. That’s all it was, I was sure. What else could it be?

Nevertheless, I moved it to the very back of one of my drawers. I knew I would want to dwell on it later, but for now, I preferred not to thing of anything pertaining to Gerard.

~

My mom called me down for dinner some time later, but I shouted back to her that I wasn’t hungry and changed into my pajamas before desperately trying to capture sleep, though it seemed keen on evading me.

Gerard’s P.O.V

Today is Saturday. I don’t understand why his mother sent him to school on a Friday instead of just waiting until the next Monday. But, then, I’ve never really understood the reason people do what they do. Hell, I don’t know why I do half the things I do.

I didn’t understand, at first, what set Frank apart in my eyes. I didn’t understand why I left one of my feathers on his window. I think that, maybe, some part of me wants him to know. Except that would be bad. I’ve been fighting with myself about it since I did it, and I can’t discern right from wrong anymore. I thought of my leaving the feather as more of a hint. I knew he already suspected me as something supernatural, I was just sort of helping him to figure it out.

Which is illegal, but some part of my mind says I would break the law for Frank. But I can’t understand why I’d want to reveal myself to him. He’s just another human, just another one of them.

But he matters to me. I got up off the floor and left my room, heading up the stairs and out the front door. As I reached it, Donna called me, “Gerard, honey, where are you going? It’s already seven thirty.”

I tried to think of an excuse, “I left some homework at a friends house. I have to get it but I should be back in an hour. I have my cell phone if anything happens, Donna.”

I looked back at her and she nodded, returning to the dishes. One day, I’d have some real fun screwing with that woman. Don’t get me wrong, she’s really sweet, but she’s just begging for it.

But not today. Slipping out the door, I headed down the street with my head low. It’s never safe to go roaming at night In New Jersey. Well, I’ve always been, or at least felt, more protected out here than your average passerby. Who said I was average?

I turn down a street and stop at the second house on the right. It’s his house, and I shouldn’t be here. But I am, and it’s to late for that regret bull shit, so I climb the tree in his front yard and sit in it, staring through his window. Damn, I’m becoming more of a stalker than I thought possible.

But I can see that he moved the feather. I wonder what he thinks it is. Like most people, he has probably pushed it to the back of him mind with an assumption that it belongs to a bird. Well, ravens do get quite large out here, I suppose it’s plausible.

The light were off in his room, so I assume he must be asleep. I decided that I can sneak back out of my house to watch him after I’ve reassured Donna I didn’t get mugged or raped. I wave a rather sad goodbye to his sleeping form, and make my way easily out of the tree and down the street back to my house.

Mikey’s P.O.V

I heard the door slam and Mom’s soft voice probing my stepbrother. He growled a response before going back to hide out in his lair. I wonder where he’d been….

I ran down the stairs and gasped at my mom, “Mom, where was Gerard just now?”

She raised an eyebrow and continued to work on the papers she was filing, “Well, he told me he was going to get homework from a friend’s house, but he didn’t come back with any. I have no idea, Michael. Go ask him yourself.”

The idea made sense, but it scared the shit out of me. I nodded slowly and descended the steps into the basement. I stopped and his door and tried to muster all the strength I had, but I was so terrified I was shaking.

“Mikey,” He growled from behind the door, “Don’t just stand out there shaking like a Chihuahua, get your skinny white ass in here before I make you.”

I gulped and reached forward, turning the knob and walking inside. Gerard was sitting on his bed, staring at nothing. His drawing desk was disorganized, covered with papers. Gerard is a very organized person, so that sorta threw me off.

“Gee, why are your papers-” I began, but he waved a hand in dismissal

“Michael, you didn’t come down here to ask about my drawings. What do you want?” He didn’t sound hostile, just thoughtful, which surprised me.

I sighed and began, “I just wanted to know why you went back to Frank’s house.”

He didn’t react at all, “Because I wanted to check something. It’s no business of yours, brother.”

“Frank’s my friend, Gerard. I really don’t want you to hurt him.” I stated boldly.

Gerard laughed, “Alright, Michael, I promise I will not intentionally harm Frank.”

“Can’t you just promise not to hurt him at all?” I asked weakly.

Gerard snickered, “Uh, no. I said I won’t try to, but with my plans for him…. Heh, Mikey, you may want to leave now before you realize what I meant.”

I blinked and walked halfway up the basement stairs before It dawned on me what Gerard meant. I ran back down the stairs and began hitting his door, “Fuck you! You can’t fucking have sex with my friend! I won’t let you!”

But being the smart boy he is, Gee locked the door. I could here him laughing over my threats.

~
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovely People who comment:
Annalia
the loner girl13
Stitches.
XxVesperusxX
fairywings
laurzie_lemon_head
xKillx'EmxAllx911
xChemicalLovex
xXGimmeBullwinkleXx

The only person who guessed sorta correct on Gee’s Identity:
xXGimmeBullwinkleXx

Here is your virtual cookie :D