New Found Glory

"He's going to jump...!"

"Struck up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moons sparkli... ouch," I sang until my friend elbowed me...hard.

"What was that for?" I asked, smirking.

"Stick with playing the guitar, case you can’t sing to save your life." Leah giggled.

I joined in laughing. We were walking our usual route home from school. It was the last day of school so we had the whole Christmas holidays to look forward to.

"Did you here that?" Leah asked me slowly.

I stopped wrapping up my ipod and listened. I could here a faint screaming noise. It was coming form down the road to where all the high rise buildings were.
We looked at each other and quickly walked to where the noise seemed to be coming from. About a minute later we found why people were screaming.
A crowd of about 6 people were standing at the bottom of the highest building. It was about 700ft high and I could just make out a figure standing on the edge at the top.

"What’s going on?" Leah asked confused.

I nudged her and she looked up. Her face went pale.

"He’s going to jump," a woman cried. "My babies going to jump. Help please. Someone help"

I guessed this was his mother. I felt so sorry for her. A ladder was at the side of the building and I realized how he had got up there. Suddenly I knew what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is bit different to anything I have done before so feedback would be good. =]