‹ Prequel: Gone Awry
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Twisted

Struggle

Since humans started to think, we wondered What are we doing here?

Ash Weasley was asking herself the exact same question, only to a different extent. Her question was more focused on the gorgeous boy on her left and one reason of her misery in front of her.

It had been a week since Halloween and everything was going smoothly. Too smoothly for Ash's liking if she were honest.

Draco had been nice and thoughtful. He had allowed her to manage the pace and didn't do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable or mad.

Ever since that night, nothing of interest had happened between them. Ash was still unsure what she wanted to happen any ways. She didn't forget the time they had been together, happy, secure... perfect. Nor did she forget the reason of why they broke up. It was sitting right across from her, babbling on and on and on.

Could she really forgive him for this? Just move on? Take him back?

"...Blaise," Ash suddenly heard Pansy say and started listening to her again. "Saw him in Diagon Alley yesterday. He looked absolutely terrible!"

"What do you mean?" Ash questioned.

Pansy looked at Ash in surprise, she hadn't talked to Pansy directly in quite a while. "Well... he looks as if his life had been sucked out of him. Sickly pale and not at all like he used to look. I wonder what happened to him..."

Ash's eyes strayed on the table surface as she let this information sink in. Blaise. What about Blaise?

Didn't she love him?

Ash suddenly felt sick with confusion. Swiftly she stood up - making the chair she had been sitting on fall backwards and thunder with noise as it hit the floor. In one fluent movement, she turned around and walked quickly out of the dining hall and down the corridor, heading towards the gardens.

"Ash!" she heard someone yell after her.

"Ash! Wait up!" the voice came again, nearer this time. The person was running to catch up with her.

Ash needed to stop for a short minute as she tried to pry open the door. In that time the voice caught up with her, tugged her arm and pressed her back against the door she had tried to open just a minute ago. "Ash! What's up?"

Ash looked at Draco with defying eyes. "The ceiling," she answered short and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"No Ash, really. What is up with you? You just suddenly storm out of the dining hall as if a snake bit you!"

Ash sagged a bit, as she let her guard down and sighed. "I'm alright. Just a lot of things on my mind. I need to get some fresh air."

Draco looked at her concerned, "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Want me to go with you?"

"No," she said a tad to quick, but quickly caught herself again, "no. I'm going on a small run. Don't worry about it, I'll be back in a few."

Draco gave her one last concerned look, stroking back a strand of her hair and letting his thumb rub over her cheek, before nodding and letting go of her again. "Don't be too long," he said softly and pulled away.

Staying where she was for a short while longer, Ash watched as Draco walked down the corridor.

"What the hell am I doing?" Ash asked herself as Draco vanished from sight and she threw her head back in frustration. Quickly, she pulled away from the door and opened it, slipping outside and changing into her animal form.

****


Swiftly she raced through the gardens and into the labyrinth, heading towards her favourite spot at the centre. When she got there, she turned herself back and lay in the cold wet grass, staring up at the cloudy sky.

"What to do?" she asked herself after a period of silence, wishing she had someone who could help her sort out her thoughts.

"What would you do if you were in my place, Trace?" she asked the sky, wishing it would answer her like her friend always did. Ash could just imagine her standing above her and looking down while ranting about Ash being an idiot and a fool and wanting to beat some sense into her.

Slowly tears started to form in her eyes.

Why does she even need to think this through?

Yes, Draco cheated on her. Yes, its a crime she normally wouldn't have forgiven anyone. But yes, she still loved him.

Yes, she loved Blaise. But yes, she was realistic. She betrayed him. He will never take her back.

...The same goes for Tracy.
The same goes for Harry.
The same goes for Hermione.
The same goes for Ron.
The same goes for Ginny, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie and Percy.
The same goes for Molly and Arthur.
The same goes for everyone that she had once loved and left behind...

****


In the mean time in a dark room in the top floor of the mansion, a dark cloaked figure looked down at the gardens. A grey wolf with red strands of hair, raced through the gardens and vanished into the near by labyrinth under his watchful eyes of self-proclaimed royalty.

"I wonder were she's heading..." he hissed softly, while stroking his snake-pets head. He had noticed a small change in her, ever since the Halloween party last week.

Her mind drifted off at meetings, she seemed a bit confused and scared. She often forgot to eat her meals and always had a far away look in her eyes.

"What do you think, Nagini?"

"I think sssshe's going to the ccccentre again," she hissed. She had been ordered to follow Ash several times already. Sneak after her when she was heading out into one of her runs. Listen in on conversations in her office. Watch her as she interrogated prisoners and Death Eaters.

"And why would she be heading there?"

"To think... the girl issss confussssed right now..."

"About what?"

"Matessss,"

Voldemort laughed. "This girl really fascinates me. How can you be so gifted and intelligent in the ways of magic, but so stupid in the concept of life as my protégée?... She should have already figured that its not her decision to make. Go and get her back here."

"Yesssss, masssssster..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long for me to update! I had absolutely no idea how to write this chapter! XD But I think it turned out quite good, what do you think?
I hope you all got a better insight in her mind now!

By the way, did you guys ever find yourself in the situation were you need to confide in someone, but didn't have anyone to talk to?

I don't think that this story will go for much longer, so prepare to enjoy an EPIC ending!

Comment and Subscribe!