‹ Prequel: Gone Awry
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Twisted

The Ring

The blond girl with the red tint in her hair paced the room up and down. Every now and again she let her eyes glide over to the beautiful silver ring that lay on the cream-coloured carpet. What happened the night before? What had she seen? - Were it memories of hers? No that couldn't be. Draco would never do that to her! Would never betray her, especially with that pug-faced bitch. It was some kind of cruel trickery.

Sneering at the ring, Ash suddenly remembered the face she had also seen. Who was that boy? And why did her heart-rate speed up whenever she thought about that face?

Carefully Ash bend down and picked up the ring, extending her arm as far as possible, as if the ring was poisonous or smelled disgusting. Then she let it fall into her open accessory box and swiftly sealed it away.

Whatever that ring was, she didn't like it. It was better off locked away.

She was about to storm out off the room, but something stopped her. Just before she reached the door, she glanced back again. She only saw her accessory box, yet she couldn't help but stare. Again she felt herself pacing the room.

What does this mean? she asked herself in frustration again and again.

Again she walked up to the accessory box and opened it. The ring was still lying there where she had dropped it a couple of minutes before, gleaming mockingly at her in the ray of light that hit it.

"What are you?" she asked the ring, picking it back up and placing it in the palm of her hand. She chewed on her thumb with the other hand, while staring at the glistening shape of the ring. Slowly, unsure if she should, she picked the ring up again and slid it onto her thin long finger.

With anticipation, she stared at it... nothing happened.

Frustrated, she ripped it off her finger once again and smashed it with all her might across the room. Cringing when she heard metal hit a mirror and the mirror shattering into a thousand pieces.

Feeling guilty, Ash walked over to the shattered mirror. Her eyes widened in disbelief, when she saw that not only the mirror broke. The ring lay in two separate parts, the stone had left its silver casing.

The chocolate brown eyes haunted her thoughts as tears threatened to escape her green eyes.

Biting back the tears, Ash softly picked up the two ring parts and carried them to the accessory box. She didn't really understand why, but she felt as if she had betrayed and hurt the boy with the chocolate eyes just now. She felt as if she stabbed herself in the heart.

But why?

Didn't Draco give her this ring? Shouldn't she have thought of him when she had looked at the ring?

Who was that boy?

Who was her heart crying out for?

"What happened here?" a voice suddenly ripped her out of her thoughts. Swiftly she turned around and saw Draco standing at the door, eyes strained on the broken mirror before glancing up and seeing her watering eyes. "Ash? Are you alright?" he asked, concern clearly present in his voice.

When she didn't answer, he walked over to her hurriedly and embraced her tightly. Not knowing that this only made her feel far worse. His warm, caring touch felt like a butcher knife being rammed into her back. The pressure on her head, as he stroked her hair softly felt like her heart being ripped out of her open carcass and the sweet nothings that he whispered into her ear and made her body shiver pleasantly, were pure torture.

This man, holding her so tightly, was everything she had longed for. He was the one she loved, the one she was going to marry!

And yet she was betraying him in her mind with a boy she wasn't even sure existed.

She hated herself for it, but her mind strayed to the full dark lips of the dark skinned boy, longing for him to be the one whispering sweet nothings into her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait and this overly crappy and short chapter... I'm in a total writers block once again...

Anyone of you have any ideas?

Comment, please!