‹ Prequel: Gone Awry
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Twisted

Argument

"You remember things?" Draco asked forcefully, once they were back together in their room, alone. "How much? What? How come?"

Ash glanced at him with a smile, "Yeah," she admitted happily and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist, she pulled him near to her, still grinning broadly. "It's not much, but its good to know that my memories are somewhere in my head, I just need to find them."

Draco looked at her unsure. For a few seconds he didn't say anything, but soon he made up his mind. "Ash... Don't try to remember any more of what you've forgotten."

Ash frowned. "What? Why?" she asked letting go of Draco and taking a step back.

She saw that Draco tensed a bit when she had let go of him, longing for her touch, but he left her the space she needed. "It's not good, it will only hurt you if you remember any more," he said softly, running one of his hands through his hair. He could see that his words were hurting her, that she didn't understand what he meant, but he needed to protect her.

The blond girl frowned at him, "I don't understand... Shouldn't you be happy for me? Shouldn't this be something good?" Her voice got louder with every spoken word, until she was screaming into his face.

Turning his head away in shame, he said "No, no it isn't something good," with a sad tone of voice. The only reason your alive right now is because you don't remember... he added in his thoughts, but was intelligent enough to not let that thought slip out of his mouth.

Ash fell quiet. She didn't move, she didn't say a word, she just stood there and let her fiancée's words echo in her mind.

"Why?" she finally managed to ask, her voice not louder then a quiet whisper.

"Trust me," he whispered.

"Why?" she repeated herself.

"Please," he pleaded, "just believe my words and trust me when I say this. I only want to protect you."

Ash stayed quiet. She didn't move a muscle in her body and stared at his chest emotionlessly. He already gave up on getting another word out of her, when she asked, "Protect me from what?"

Draco looked at her softly, "From anything that might hurt you."

"And what about yourself? Are you protecting me from yourself as well?"

"I would never hurt you!" he said, raising his voice a bit.

Ash gave a dry chuckle and stared into his eyes, "But you are hurting me!" she whispered back and left Draco speechless. "You hide things from me, you're distancing yourself from me and I noticed that you look at me in a different way then at the start. You're trying so hard to keep the past from me, that you are ruining any kind of future we have!" she said slowly and quietly, holding back the hurt she felt when she said these words. But she knew they needed to be said and she had decided to not hold back her thoughts.

Draco looked at her, a frown disgracing his beautiful features. "I'm sorry," was all he said. No explanation, nothing that would hint that he saw the wrong in his doing, except his words.

"Are you? Really?" Ash asked, looking him into the eyes.

The blond boy looked up at her and nodded, "I truly am."

Ash nodded and turned away from him, walking up to the window. It had become dark outside, night. The stars were shining above them and reflected of the small flecks of snow that still graced the landscape. She let everything she knew run through her mind before nodding to herself and turning to face Draco again. He hadn't made a move, only watched her in silence.

Looking at him, she smiled. "You're right, I'll just have to trust in you." Draco's body clearly relaxed at her words, every tension in his fibres gone. "So, how do we spend the rest of the night?" Ash intregued, with a small smirk on her face, as she neared her fiancé once again.

Draco looked at her, a bit surprised at the way she looked at him, "I do have an idea..." he said, a smirk forming on his face as he closed the distance between them.

"If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then I think I would like the idea," Ash said with a smirk on her own.

Not another word was said, as Draco pulled her close to him and gave her a passionate kiss...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!! Sorry for the long wait, and the crappy result once again... as an apology, how would you like a lemon chapter next? XD

After this chapter I will have about two/four more chapters and then I'm going to skip to the war - a place where I finally have a couple of ideas again C= So look forward to that!