Desperate Cage

Lonely Words Calling

"Hey Stephanie," I said with a pretty stupid grin on my face. Stephanie and I had been hanging out a lot for the past few weeks and I'd developed feelings for her. My friends seemed okay with it but I knew inside they were kind of afraid for me. But oh well, I liked her, and she seemed to like me too.

"Hey," she said. She gave me a big hug and I wrapped my arms around her waist. She wasn't thin, which I liked. She wasn't overweight, either, which was nice. She was the perfect size all around.

Suddenly I became extremely nervous. I dipped my head down, trying to cover my face but realized I had no hair left, basically. I gave up on being embarrassed and decided to put myself out there; I'm sure that's what most people did with her.

"So, Stephanie, I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie or something with me Friday night." My palms became sweaty and my face hot after the words escaped my throat. I had actually asked her out; what was I getting myself into?

Stephanie gave me a little closed-mouth smile and gave me another happy hug, her answer muffled in my neck. I was pretty sure she said yes, because after she let go she started going on and on about how maybe I could sleep over at her house afterward. And who was I to deny a sleepover with a girl like Stephanie?

***

Feelings nuzzled in the pit of my heart exploded with pain and beauty when I was with her. Everything ended and began all at the same time, new feelings emerged and I was stuck with confusion, happiness and the feeling of being content. Stephanie opened a new realm for me to explore, and what did I do with it? Everything. She was everything that night. Everything and more.

After all that we did, we went in her kitchen and ate Hot Pockets. I really liked them, so I ended up buying them a few weeks later. Weird? I'm not sure. All I knew at the moment was that I was stunned at all we did. I felt so attached all of a sudden, and I wasn't sure if it was a good thing.