Falling for Someone Unexpected

Falling For Someone Unexpected Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up to my alarm. I didn’t feel Zane next to me. I quickly climbed out of bed and headed towards the door. “It’s a snow day.”
I turned around and looked at Zane. “What are you doing over there?”
“I heard our mom walk in, I had to switch beds. She told me we had a snow day.”
“Oh…” I said joining him. “That was a close call, huh?”
“If you were dating your human step brother, it would have been, yes.”
I rolled my eyes. “Well, I’m going back to bed,” I laid down next to him and closed my eyes. I felt his cold arm wrap around him waist, pulling me closer to him.
******
“I made breakfast,” Zane said whispering in my ear.
I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Zane. “Trying to impress me?”
“Maybe a little…” he said smiling.
I slowly got out of bed and followed Zane into the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and waited for Zane to give me my breakfast.
“Pancakes and eggs for the lady,” he said placing a plate on the table for me.
I smiled. “Thanks”.
Zane sat down and watched me eat. “Tell me what you’re thinking. I need to hear your thoughts,” he said mocking Edward.
I rolled my eyes. “Oh Edward, please turn me into a vampire so I can get even more attention”.
He chuckled. “Is that why you want to be a vampire so badly?”
“No, I just want to be with you”.
“Enjoy your youth, Blake; you don’t know what you want at this age. You may love me now, but later on, you’ll find a man that can give you things that I can’t give you.”
“Like?”
“Like a family, warmth, no secrets”.
“Well, right now all I want is you”.
“And that’s alright with me. I’m going to go hunt. I won’t be long.”
“Be careful.”
“I always am.”
I smiled at him as he hurried out of the kitchen and escaped into the snow.
As I waited for Zane to come home I did some chores around the house, so my mom won’t have to nag me later on about it.
Hours later he came home a little colder than usual and damp from the snow.
“How was it?” I asked.
“Great. You have a lot of deer back there.”
I chuckled, “sounds delicious.”
“When I was out there I saw footprints and smelled other vampires. They know I’m near by. I don’t think it’s safe for me to live here. I’ll finish up this school yeah then I have to leave.”
“No! Can we talk about this for a second?”
“There’s nothing to talk about,”
“There’s a lot to talk about!”
“Blake…there’s a lot that you don’t understand.”
“Then make me understand.”
“If they find me, they’ll kill me.”
I swallowed hard.
“Yeah… there’s a lot at stake”.
“Zane… I don’t want you to leave.”
“I have three more months,” he said smiling.
“You’ll visit right?”
“Of course! I have a family and a girl friend here,” he said kissing me.
I smiled as he walked into our bed room.
I wheels started turning, I had to do something.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the title from Falling For Who? to Falling For Someone Unexpected.