Once Upon A Hidden Life...

Daddy...What's My Chemical Romance?

I rushed over to her room to find her alone, but her face showed that her mind was in a total state of chaos.

A pair of terrified eyes was staring at me, she looked so scared.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"I--I had a nightmare," she replied, her voice was cracked, I could tell she was still scared.

"About what?" I asked, I tried my best to sound comforting.

She didn't reply, she got up from her bed, and slowly moved out of her room. She didn't stop to look behind, and as you probably may have guessed, I followed her.

She crossed the long, dark hallway leading towards the attic stairs. When she reached the end, she turned to face me.

"Daddy..." she started, "What's My Chemical Romance?"

"Wh-What?" I asked, frozen.

I had never told her about MCR, for fear she might find out the secret behind her life. I wanted to be the one to tell her that when I was ready, I didn't want her to find out from some media thing.

When Denise was born, MCR had gone their separate ways already, although all of us still managed to keep in touch. So lucky for me, I've never had to worry about Denise finding a newspaper with the headline, "Famous Singer, Gerard Way, has A Daughter!" or, "Gerard mysteriously disappears after his daughter is born."

But she's a smart girl, and she'd probably be able to find out somehow, so better be safe, right?

Before I answered, she slowly turned the doorknob of the door leading up the attic stairs, the door creaked open, and she slowly made her way up the narrow flight of stairs.

"Denise? Where are you going?"

She didn't reply, she just continued to walk up the stairs, until she was no longer visible. I rapidly walked up the stairs, to find her in front of a large box. I don't remember what's in it, I had about a hundred boxes up here stuffed with whatever.

"This is the box...in my dream," she said, looking at me.

"How do you know?" I asked, intrigued.

"It has the same writing on it," she explained.

"And what writing is that?" I asked her, becoming more interested.

"Welcome To The Black Parade,"

I froze, now I remembered what was in that box.

Everything that had connection to do with that CD, "Welcome To The Black Parade," was in there. All the awards we'd won, all the newspaper headlines having to do with that CD, all our pictures from the hundreds of pictorials we had, magazines clippings featuring us, everything.

I finally managed to find the words to speak, "In your dream..." I started, "What did you find in it?"

"When I opened the box..." she slowly moved her hand along it, "I found a picture, of 5 people, they were dressed in black," she looked at me before continuing.

"The top of the picture said "My Chemical Romance", then for some sudden reason, one of them came to life, blood covered his entire body, he had long, black hair, and I think his name in my dream was....Gerard,"

I was stunned, speechless, anything connected to those words, that was what I was feeling.

"He looked at me with loving, hazel eyes, and he caressed my cheek, then suddenly, a knife ran through him, and he disappeared," she looked down, "Then I woke up."

I didn't know what to say, I had to fit all the pieces of this together, who could she possibly know?

"May I open it?" she asked me, I almost didn't hear her.

Before I could answer, she removed the tape and opened it. She didn't look through it, she just took out one picture then closed the box,

"This one, Daddy," she said, showing it to me, "Wh-Why do you have this picture? What is this?" she stammered, you could see that confusion was about to make her mind blow up.

"That--That's my favorite band," I replied, "They don't perform anymore, but they used to, long ago when I was younger," I wasn't lying, on any of this. "I loved them so much, that I kept that box to remind me of their music," All of what I just said was absolutely true.

"Oh," she replied, she sounded much calmer now, I bet the confusion had left her now.

Her eyes trailed off to the picture one more time, then she looked at me, with a startled expression on her face.

"This one," she said, "He looks like you,"

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've read please comment and tell me how you like it so far, Thank you!