Once Upon A Hidden Life...

A Random Drawing Of A Special Person.

I stood frozen, goosebumps ran through my spine putting me into a terribly awkward state. My eyes shifted uncomfrotably around the dusty attic, not entirely sure of my reaction to her comment.

She pushed her long her back behind her shoulder and stared at me with a look of confusion.

She stared once more at the picture before breaking the silence that stood among us.

"No, It can't be you," she replied, setting the picture aside on top of the box.

She still looked a bit confused, but I could tell she was trying to get the subject out of her head.

"Can we go down and eat something?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied, flashing her a warm smile. I put my arm around her shoulder as we walked towards the narrow flight of stairs.

"Dad?" she asked, stopping.

"Yes sweetheart?" I asked her, facing towards her beautiful face, the same face I remember seeing when I last saw her father.

"You would tell me if something happened that I didn't know, right?" she asked, staring at me with the same hazel eyes as her father.

I felt a tear forming in my eye, but I held it back.

"Of course," I replied, managing a faint smile.

She smiled back at me, and ran towards the kitchen ahead of me, her brown hair flowing behind her.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her, catching up.

"Do we still have some cake left from yesterday's picnic with Uncle Frank?" she asked, sitting down on the kitchen counter.

"Not anymore," I replied, fishing through our fridge, "But do you want me to make you some Chocolate Chip cookies?"

"Thanks," she replied, grabbing her sketch book and a couple pencils, "I'll just wait here."

I grabbed the Chocolate Chip Cookie mixture from the kitchen cupboard and began making the cookies, I needed something to take my mind off everything that has happened tonight.

___________________________`*~*~*~*

"Okay Denise, they're all done," I said handing her over a platter of the freshly baked cookies, and taking one for myself.

She didn't look up from her drawing, she just kept on sketching.

"And I'm done too," she finally said after about a minute. She proudly gave me the drawing she had been working on the past half hour.

My eyes widened in total shock.

"Did you...draw this?" I asked.

She nodded.

The drawing was absolutely beautiful. She certainly had the artistic talent of her father.

It was a drawing of a moonlit river, leading into the sea. Dead roses filled the water and beautiful trees crowded the left and right side of the picture.

The best feature was a boat in the middle of the drawing, a black haired guy was sitting on the boat, tears filling his face.

Then suddenly something struck into my head.

"Who's this?" I asked, pointing to the guy in the boat.

"I don't know, I just decided to draw him, whoever he is," she replied, taking a bite of the cookie. "Just something random,"

But I didn't think so, what was happening here?

First the dream, then the picture, and now this drawing, this drawing of...Gerard.

I needed to find out what all of this meant, and I wasn't going to stop until I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, you don't know how much it means to me that all of you are reading this. X)