Once Upon A Hidden Life...

Because She Knew.

"My...mother?" Denise asked, her eyes widening.

"That's right," Frank replied, looking very proud of himself, typical Frank.

"Dad?" she said turning to me, "You never really told me what happened to Mom."

I stood frozen, I broke down into a cold sweat.

"Well Sweetheart..."

Then the phone rang, saved.

"I'll just go get that," I told everyone, trying to hide my relief.

I jogged over to the living room where I picked up the wireless telephone.

"Hello?" I said in an enthusiastic tone.

"Hello Sir! This is Wal-Mart employee Aaron, and I'm calling you because YOU NEED FURNITURE!"

I hung up, if there's something I hate, it's these advertising creeps who call my house so often, like I'm their target. It's like they won't stop till I give in, probably they'll only stop when I tell them, 'Yes, I do need furniture.' Yeah right, like that'll happen.

I slowly paced back towards the kitchen were I found the 4 breaking down into laughter as Frank and Denise absentmindedly threw Skittles at each other until the packet Frank had given her was finished.

"I finally found a use for Skittles," Denise said, the gold locket was proudly hung around her neck.

I entered the scene, hoping that everyone would just forget about Denise's question, and continue having food fights with each other, but they didn't.

"Dad!" Denise squealed with delight, "You were saying?"

"I think your father doesn't want to talk about his dead wife," Frank explained to Denise, trying to sprinkle some humor onto the scene, like he always tried to. He reminded me of Gerard's spirit.

"Why don't I tell you the history behind that locket?" Frank asked Denise, she nodded her head vigorously, and a big grin spread across Frank's face.

"When you were born, I was also with your father and mother in the hospital." Frank started, "When your mother gave birth to you, she told me at one point she wouldn't live much longer, she told me to give this to you when the time was right," Frank explained.

"Why didn't she give it to Daddy?" Denise asked.

"Because..." Frank started, "She knew that the two of you wouldn't see each other for years, posibbly never again..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment, thank you!
I'm sorry this chappie is so short, I have a lot to do right now. O.o