Status: On Hold

Love on Our Mind

This Is How We Live

Alysia POV

I sat alone in the room beside John's bed. I kept holding his hands and pray, hoping he will be okay. I only heard sound of a heart detector and John's heavy breath. His face was covered with an oxygen mask, the doctor said his lung ripped a little so he needs an oxygen support. John haven't conscious, he still struggled with his own life.

I couldn't believe he did something wreckless because of the girl that he loves too much. I had a fight with Ivory after the doctor took John to the operation. I snapped and I promised I swearing a lot and made lot of patients that were walking in the corridor looked at us. Ivory didn't fight me back, I bet it was all because she felt guilty about what happened to John. Stephen was back her up and I couldn't help myself not to punched her. Thanks to Maren who held me back and tried to calm me down.

Ivory, Stephen and Maren now were still waiting in the waiting room. They wanted to come inside but the nurse said only one person who can stayed inside. Maren insisted to come but I really want to stay and take care of John, so Stephen held and talked to her. Maren understood and she succumb and let me come inside with the nurse.

The sun started to rise and the sunlight entered through the sidelines of the window. I couldn't sleep last night, because I was too worried about John's condition. The only thing I could do is rubbing his upper hand and wish that he would open his eyes soon.

"Open your eyes John. Please..." I cried and fell asleep on the edge of his bed.

I remembered when the first day I met John when my family moved to the neighborhood when I was five years old. John was wondering around with his little bike and he greeted me who sat under a tree with a teddy bear in my hand. I didn't know anyone in school and he was the one who talked to me and since that day I started to like him...

"Ally... Alysia..." Suddenly I heard John's voice. "Ally..." And a soft hand touched my cheek.

I opened my eyes slowly and raised my head. I saw John already awake and he smiled weakly at me.

"John? Oh my... John you're awake, are you okay?"

"You sleep so tight Ally"

"Wh... What?" I looked at the clock on the wall and time has passed about four hours since I fell asleep. "I must be fall asleep"

"Are you stay with me a whole night?" He asked as he rubbed my hair.

I nodded and grabbed his hand that now touching my cheek. His hand was warm now, not like when I touched it last night, cold and so weak. He cupped my cheek and I feel so relieved because I finally felt that he is alive again. His touch brought my tears.

"Ally, why are you crying?"

"Nothing... I'm just... I'm just happy that you're okay"

"Does my brother out there?" He asked and I nodded. "Can you tell him that I want to talk to him?"

"But you still so weak, why don't you talk with him after you recover?"

"I'll be fine. Please Ally, for me?" He begged and I couldn't resist what he wanted.

"I'll go talk with him. Just wait here" I rubbed his forehead.

"I want to talk with Ivory too" said John when I was about to opened the door.

I sighed but I nodded telling him that I'll bring her too. I walked in the corridor and some nurse greeted me when they saw me and I smiled back at them. I walked to the waiting room to looked for Stephen. Stephen was sleeping same like Ivory who slept on Stephen's lap while Maren was snuggling with a sofa's pillow with her head laid against the wall.

I shook Stephen's knee a little and he murmured but he didn't woke up yet. I shook him a little harder and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Alysia?" Said Stephen and it made Ivory and Maren woke up too when they heard Stephen's voice.

"Your brother's awake and he wants to talk with you and Ivory. He's waiting on his room" I said.

Stephen looked at Ivory and she nodded. They got up from their seats and left to John's room leaving me with Maren in the waiting room. Maren started to talk to me when she saw her brother and Ivory already walked inside.

"My brother is going to be okay, right?"

"John will be just fine. He will recover soon. I promise you. He'll be okay" I said but my eyes kept starring at the floor.

"You still love my brother don't you?"

"Sorry?" I immediately turned my face to Maren.

"Well you can't hide it Ally, I saw you and John were hanging together a couple of times a few days back. I know you still love him" said Maren and she took my hand.

"I still love him so much, but... He loves Ivory so much even though he knows that Ivory and Stephen have a relationship. All I can do is be there for him when he needs me, but look like I can't replace Ivory in John's heart"

"You never know Ally. I've talked about this with my best friend, Darlene. We both know that there's something among you, my brothers and Ivory"

I went into silence after Maren talked to me. She embraced me and I gave her a little smile. I sighed sometimes and Maren patted my back when I did that.

"I think John still loves you" she started again.

"No. It's impossible, Maren. He loves Ivory. If he loves me, he won't do something wreckless like stabbed his own chest"

"No! John said that he loves Ivory just because he found you on her. He was down when you left him back then and he met Ivory. And you know a secret competition between my brothers, right? John never wants to lose from Stephen. That's why he did that" said Maren and she buried her head down to her knees.

"Did what?" I felt so curious so I tried to dig more information from her.

"Ehm... I shouldn't tell you about this but... Ehm... Promise you won't tell about this to anybody!"

"I promise" I said to Maren.

"John was the one who set fire on Ivory's house so he can be the one who saved her life" told Maren

"What!?" That statement shocked me to the fullest.
♠ ♠ ♠
my Mom still in the hospital :( she got dengue fever and today is the forth day she's been in the hospital :( wish my Mom a get well soon, will ya? :)

anyways hope you like this chapter. What do you think about John? Tell me in the comment section.
Thanks XO