Sequel: Priceless & Broken
Status: Finished!(:

A Beautiful Mistake

The Shopping Trip

When I was done, I zipped up my bag and began down the stairs. I thanked Denise for letting me stay before leaving. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 9:25 A.M. I threw my suit case into my trunk not having time to run inside my house. I climbed into my car and headed to pick up Miley, and then, Stefanie.

For breakfast, I decided to go to Denny's. As we ate our meals, we talked about random stuff. Somewhere along the lines, Miley noticed my swollen eyes, and I just told her I had a rough night. Once I paid the check, we were on our way out.

As soon as I got the car cranked, Miley turned on the radio. As I was driving I listened to the lyrics to "Stuttering" by Fefe Dobson as it played. It described everything I felt at this moment, and before I could stop it, the tears started flowing out. I didn't want it to happen. This day was supposed to be about Miley and Stefanie; not me and my stupid problems. Miley gently took the wheel and guided it to the side of the road. The song was going off when she turned the radio off.

"Okay. What's up?"

I wiped my tears, silently begging them to go away.

"It's n-nothing," I said, my voice cracking in the middle.

"It's something. Now, what REALLY happened last night?" Miley pressed.

"So, I was planning on throwing Nick a surprise birthday party, and that's why I was staying with them last night. Well, when I walked in Nick's room, he was texting someone. As soon as he saw me, he put his phone up. Well, I tried to see who it was, but he hid his phone. After he went to sleep, I took his phone and was sending the contacts to me so I could invite them to Nick's party, and I came across a name - Nicole Anderson's to be specific. So, I went to his messages and saw where he had been texting her all afternoon. The point is that he lied to me when he said he deleted her number in August," I explained as the tears threatened to spill again.

"Did you talk to him this morning?" Miley asked when I was finished.

"Yes. He asked me why I didn't sleep in his room, and I told him it was because I didn't want to. Then, he asked why, and I shrugged, and he asked if I was going to talk to him. I told him I had nothing to say to him," I said quietly.

"Well," Stefanie said as she began to unbuckle her seatbelt, "I think I'm going to have a little... Chat with my dear friends Nicholas and Nicole." She finally got her seatbelt unbuckled and got out of the car.

Miley and I jumped out of the car to stop Stefanie.

"What are you doing, Stefanie?" She was about thirty steps and counting in front of us.

"What does it look like? I'm going to go kick some butt!" Stefanie said as she began walking again.

"You can't do that!" I called after her.

"Watch me!" As soon as she took a step, she fell. Miley and I ran towards her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, trying to keep from laughing.

"I'm fine," she said, standing up and brushing her clothes off.

"Okay. Good. Now, come on. It's time to start shopping!" I said, pulling her back to the car.

"Not just yet. I have to go talk to Nick," Stefanie said, trying to get out of my grip.

"And what are you going to say to Nick?" I asked.

"I'm going to tell the butthole what I think about him and his little friend. And then, if I'm still mad, I might be the crap out of him!" Stefanie exclaimed, struggling to get out of my grip.

"No, you're not. I will deal with him later by myself. Now, we're going to have a girl's day and shop whether you like it or not!" I pulled Stefanie all the way to the car and put her in the back seat.

Once I fixed my make up, we made our way to the mall. We spent a lot of time in dressing rooms and ended up leaving with over ten bags each. We shoved them all into the trunk and piled into the car.

"Where do you guys wanna get dinner at?" I asked.

"Olive Garden!" Miley yelled. I turned to look at Stefanie. She agreed.

As I drove to the restaurant, we sang along to the radio. When we arrived and walked in, it was packed! But Miley being THE Miley Cyrus. we got seated pretty quickly. We ordered our food and, when it came out, we ate until our stomachs were about to pop.

It was about 7:30 P.M. when I took Miley and Stefanie home. When I got to my house, I took in my suit case and made a second trip for my shopping bags. Once I packed everything away, I went downstairs and read the note my mom left for me, telling me that her and my father went to dinner and a movie and wouldn't be back until late.

After a few minutes of watching TV, I heard the door bell ring. I turned the tv off before I got up slowly and walked over to the door. I could see Nick's curly hair through the window. I took a deep breath before opening it.

"What do you want?" I asked. I knew what he wanted; I just wanted to see if he knew.

"Are you going to answer my question now?" He asked.

I stepped out on the front porch, "What question?"

Nick scoffed, "Why didn't you sleep in my bed last night?"

"Why don't you ask Nicole?" I asked sarcastically.

"What are you talking about?" Nick asked, trying to pull off the confused look.

"Nick, don't do this to me right now. I know you've been talking to Nicole. And I know you still have her contact in your phone!" I said, slightly raising my voice.

Slowly realization hit him.

"You went through my phone?!" Nick's voice went up at least three octaves.

"Yes, I did Nick. You wanna know why? Because I was planning on having you a surprise birthday party, and I didn't know who to invite, so I looked through your contacts. And then, I saw Nicole's number in there. I thought you told me in August that you deleted it? You lied to me. Then you were sneaking around texting her! You know what? HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!" I yelled before turning around and running into my house, slamming the door behind me.

I ran upstairs to my room and slammed that door, too. I threw myself on my bed and let the tears I've been holding all day flow. I didn't care that all the neighbors might have heard my and Nick's fight. I didn't care about anything except that Nick lied to me. He lied to my face every day for a month! At that very moment, I didn't know if I wanted to marry him. How many times has he lied to me before? How am I ever gonna be able to trust him again? I laid there and cried myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying my hardest to get my story out there. I have 86 readers, 13 subscribers, and 4 comments. Is it too much to ask to leave a comment after you read? Is it possible for you to post the link in a tweet if you have a Twitter? Please and thank you?

Speaking of Twitter....if you want to follow me, send a follower request!