Sequel: Priceless & Broken
Status: Finished!(:

A Beautiful Mistake

The Beach

I woke up the next morning feeling like crap. I let the event from last night replay in my head. It hurt that I couldn't trust Nick anymore.

I climbed out of my bed and made my way to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and realized I looked as bad as I felt. I decided to take a shower and brush my teeth and hair before leaving the bathroom. I almost screamed when I saw Nick sitting on my bed.

I walked over to my dresser and got out a clean bra and a clean pair of underwear. I dropped my towel and began to get dressed. I didn't care that he saw me naked. (It wasn't the first time.) After I put those on, I got out a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I found a sweatshirt lying in my closet so I put that on, too. I threw my hair up into a sloppy pony tail before going and sitting beside Nick on my bed.

"Hi," I said quietly. I wasn't even sure if he heard me until he gave me a soft 'hey' in return.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Nick after sitting there in a long awkward silence. "Why did you lie to me everyday for a month?"

Nick didn't say anything.

"Well, until you're ready to explain, I don't want to talk to you. And the wedding's going to be postponed until I can trust you again."

I grabbed my phone and slipped on my flip flops. I looked as Nick one last time as I grabbed my keys and ran down the stairs.

I cranked up my car and backed out of the drive way. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to get away from here. So, I drove to no where particular. I had the top down and the sun shinning on me. I don't know what happened, but I ended up at the beach. I don't know what beach it was, but it must have been private because no one was there.

I got out of my car and wrapped my arms around myself as I began to walk along the beach.

The beach was the perfect place where I could clear my head. I used to do it all the time when I was back in Jersey. I don't know what it was, but I loved the beach.

I don't know how many times I walked up and down the beach, but it was dark now. I knew I had been here for several hours. I heard my stomach growl and my hand involuntarily went to it. I smiled to myself knowing I couldn't skip meals now that I was feeding two.

I walked slowly back to my car. I checked my phone as soon as I buckled up and saw that I had three missed calls and four new text messages. All of them were from Nick. I shook my head and left the beach. It was only nine. I drove, deciding to eat when I got home.

I pulled into my drive way at about 11:30 P.M. I unlocked the door quietly and walked into my house. I tip toed into the kitchen and saw my mom in there.

When she saw me, she began to heat my plate of food up.

"Where did you go?" She asked as soon as we sat down at the table.

"The beach. I needed to clear my head," she nodded her head, understanding.

"So I'm guessing you and Nick had a fight?"

It was my turn to nod my head.

"Do you want to talk about it? Maybe I can help."

I began my story. It was about one in the morning when we got done talking. I told her I was tired, and I was going to try and get some sleep. She kissed my forehead and said goodnight before heading to bed herself.

I walked slowly up the stairs, into my room, and noticed everything was where I left it. But there was a piece of paper lying on my pillow. I turned on my lamp and sat on the bed.

'I'm sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt you. Love, Nick'

I knew then that I wouldn't be mad at Nick forever. I would need some time to recover from his latest stunt, but I was ready to talk to him again. I put the note down on my nightstand and climbed under the covers. That night, I fell asleep smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aubrey's outfit

I got 2 new comments. I was sooooo happy. I was looking at my readers and every chapter that I post, the number of readers go down. If you could let me know what I'm doing wrong I could possibly change. Could I get some more comments?(: Thank you!