Sequel: Priceless & Broken
Status: Finished!(:

A Beautiful Mistake

Epilogue

A crack of thunder shook the whole house. I jumped from my position on the floor and wiped away the tears. I felt betrayed. I had to leave. This just wasn't a safe environment for Stormy. I just couldn't handle the spotlight and the stuff that came with it. It was too much, and it was making me and Stormy look bad.

I felt stupid for not finding out sooner. What's so bad is that I had to find out from a magazine. I was taught to not believe anything in the tabloids, but that's kind of hard when there are several pictures that look so real and actions that back up my suspicions.

I stormed to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I fell to the floor and shook violently as I sobbed. I couldn't be silent any longer. I took the knife and put it against my wrist. I could barely see since the tears were blurring my vision. I pressed down and felt the blade cut through my flesh. I felt a release. I moved the knife and pressed down again. I felt warm liquid spilling onto my leg. I sliced my arm once more leaving three open wounds.

I let the knife fall from my hand and flinched when it hit the ground, making a loud noise. At that moment, all the pain went away; I felt numb, and that's never good. I stood up and stuck my wrist under the faucet and let the cold water wash the blood from my arm. It stung a little, but I didn't care.

I left the knife and the wet blood on the floor and went up to my room. I threw my suits cases on the bed and began grabbing all my belongings. I folded everything and stuffed the cases as much as I could. I rolled the filled ones to the stairs and threw them. I took the empty ones into Stormy's room and began putting her clothes and everything in them.

I rolled the suit cases out to my car and threw them in the trunk. I put the rest of Stormy's toys and stuff in the empty spaces. I looked up at the sky as a lightning bolt flashed across the sky.

"Why me?" I cried, letting a few tears spill over. I went back in the house -- now soaking -- and walked around the house, making sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

I pulled out the papers my lawyer gave me and signed where I was supposed to. I laid them on the counter where I knew he would see them. On another sheet of paper I wrote a note:

"Don't bother looking for me. I'm gone for good. You won't ever see me and Stormy again. I hate that it had to end like this. Sign the papers and send them to the address printed on the envelope. I guess this is our final goodbye.

- Aubrey."

I closed my stinging eyes as I laid the pen down. I pulled my wedding band and engagement ring off and laid them on the divorce papers. I turned around to go get Stormy. I put her, sleeping form, in the car seat and carried it downstairs. I took one last look before I left the house.

I buckled her seat in my car before going to get in myself. I got my phone out and called the one number that was my future.

"I'll be there in a few hours."

I hung up and drove out of the driveway.

I was done with this era of my life. It was time to move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aubrey's Outfit

Start sending me titles!

--A