Sequel: Priceless & Broken
Status: Finished!(:

A Beautiful Mistake

Telling the Parents

Nick and I walked down the stairs preparing ourselves for the worst. We walked into the kitchen where both of his parents were making dinner.

"Well, hello there, Aubrey. I didn't know you were here. Would you like to stay for dinner?" His mother kindly asked.

I looked at Nick with panic in my eyes before replying, "Uh, I would love to. Yeah, thanks."

Before Nick could say anything (such as refuse to let me stay), I pulled him out of the room.

"What was that about?" He asked in a low whisper.

"I don't want to tell them now. I'm going to wait until after dinner," I whispered.

"Okay - "

"What are you two over here whispering about?" Joe jokingly asked, walking into the area.

"Nothing... We were just, uh, having a normal conversation." I stated, giving Nick 'the look' before he said anything.

"Okay, whatever you say," Joe said, eyeing me suspiciously before walking away.

I looked around the room before taking a deep breath and walking up stairs. When I got to Nick's room, I walked to the bathroom and pulled out my Blackberry. I dialed my house phone and told my mom what was going on. After speaking to her for a little bit, I walked downstairs just in time for dinner.

Nick pulled out a chair and I took my seat. He sat in the chair directly beside me. Nick and I ate in silence unlike everyone else at the table who had conversations amongst themselves.

After we finished, he grabbed my hand and cleared his throat before speaking, "Um, Mom, Dad - we have something to tell you."

Everyone immediately silenced.

I eventually managed to choke out, "Well, we-we don't know how to tell you this... A-and we're very sorry... But um... uh... I'm pre-pregnant."

Denise's breath caught in her throat and Paul just quit breathing.

Finally, after some of the shock had recovered, Paul spoke, "Joe, could you take Frankie upstairs?" Joe nodded his head before grabbing Frankie and pulling him upstairs.

I was terrified. I knew they thought I was a bad influence. I just knew they were going to make me and Nick stop seeing each other.

Just then Paul spoke, "Well I'm guessing this happened at the cook-out?"

"Yes," Nick spoke so I wouldn't have to. God, I love him.

Paul continued, "Well, you're about to turn eighteen so I guess there's nothing we can really do about it. And though I can't exactly say I'm proud of you, one thing's for sure: Nick, you're gonna stay with her no matter what."

I gave him a puzzled look.

"I mean, you're girlfriend is having a child. That's when she needs you the most. And whether you like it or not, you're going to be a father. It's your responsibility, as both a boyfriend and father, to take care of it," Paul gave Nick a hard look. Nick nodded in return.

Paul turned to me, "Welcome to the family, Aubrey."

Denise had a few tears running down her cheeks and a smile creeping to her face as she stood up and embraced me.

"You're blessing me with my first grandchild!" Denise whispered in my whispered in my ear.

Paul pulled me into a hug after Denise let me go, and I wiped away now my tears.

"Joe, Frankie - you guys can come down, clean the table off, and wash the dishes since you want to eavesdrop," Denise called up to the boys.

"Dude, how does she know we were eavesdropping?" Joe asked Frankie as they made their way down the stairs.

"She's our mom, man. She knows things," Frankie said, shaking his head and walking passed me.

"Well, I guess I should go home now. Thank you, Denise, for the wonderful dinner," I said.

"No, it's alright, dear. You can stay," she smiled, "And you're very welcome. I'll go call your mom now and tell her." She smiled at me then walked off to go find the phone.

I looked up at Nick at the same time he looked down at me.

"Do you wanna..." He started, letting his voice trail off.

"Yeah," I said, and we began walking back upstairs to his room.

I walked in and laid down on his bed as he shut the door. He then walked over and laid beside me. He wrapped one arm around me and pulled me close. I laid my head on his chest while I randomly drew imaginary shapes on his torso. Nick ran his fingers through my hair.

A few minutes later, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I was being shaked awake. I opened my eyes and saw Denise standing there. She then explained, "Your mom made you a doctor's appointment for eleven. It's 9:30 now. You need to get up, shower, and everything else. Then when you're finished, you can wake Nicholas up."

"What about clothes?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"She brought you an outfit so you're all set."

And with that being said, she walked out of the room. I got out of Nick's grasp and went into his bathroom. I turned on the shower, letting it heat up, while I undressed. I brushed my teeth and climbed in the shower.

When I finished, I quickly got dressed and went to wake up Nick. I figured I could do my make-up while he was in the shower.

I walked over to the bed and said, "Nick, you need to get up."

Nothing.

"Ay yo! Nick, wake up!" I said louder.

Again, nothing.

I climbed on the bed and started jumping. I was staring at the ceiling when I felt two strong hands grab the back of my knees and pull me down. I looked down and noticed I was straddling him.

"Was the jumping really necessary?" Nick asked in a hoarse voice.

"Actually, it was. You wouldn't get up and we have a doctor's appointment. You have to take a shower," I told him.

I began to bounce up and down softly where I was at. Nick let out a small grunt.

"You gonna get up now?" I asked, holding back a laugh.

"Yes, as long as you stop. Because if you don't, we will have a complication and we don't want a complication, now do we?"

I shook my head.

"Okay, good. Now let me get up!"

I did as told and asked, "Babe, tell me when you get in the shower because I have to do my makeup while you're in there."

"What? You don't want to see this?" He asked pointing at himself, "It ain't like you've never seen this before." He made his way into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Yeah, and do you remember what happened last time I saw it?" I asked, sitting on the bed waiting for him to give me the signal.

"Yeah, and I liked it. Too bad I wasn't up when you were taking a shower."

I shook my head, "Are you in yet?"

"Yes, you can come do your precious makeup now."

I stood up and walked into the bathroom. While I was working on my face, I heard Nick singing lightly in the shower. His heavenly voice.

I finished just in time. As I was walking out of the bathroom, I heard the water turn off.

"I'm going to go get breakfast, okay?" I asked Nick.

I heard a faint, "Okay," before going downstairs to see what Denise cooked.

I sat at the island where two plates were made. I sat at one and began eating. Nick came down a few minutes later. He checked his blood sugar before beginning to eat.

When I finished, I got up, cleaned my plate off, and washed it before putting it back. Nick did the same. Then we went on a search to find Denise. It didn't take long. She was in the den.

"Are you guys ready?" She asked not looking up from her book.

Me and Nick looked at each other before answering. "Yes."

"Okay," she said closing her book and grabbing her purse, "Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Aubrey's oufit.