Status: Complete

Summer Air

Epilogue.

I swung my legs back and forth as I sat on my couch, mindlessly watching some TV show. I leaned back and stared up at the ceiling.

Now this was a boring Birthday.

I kept my fidgeting going by changing positions again; this time putting my head in my left hand. I glanced out the window, seeing the snowy city below me.

As I flickered my eyes back to the television screen, my phone sounded obnoxiously. I jumped up, excited to find something to keep my occupied, rather than my habit of self pity today. I glanced at the caller ID, and then answered the call.

“Hey!” I spoke.
“Hey Chev, Happy Birthday!” A voice I’ve grown familiar with sounded.
“Thanks Pat.” I smiled through the other line. “I really wish you could be here, but living two states away at the time being, really puts a damper on things.”
I could hear a little smirk in his voice. “Go outside.”
I raised my eyebrows, but continued to hold my phone up to my ear as I made my way over to the front door of my apartment.

I twisted the knob and widened my eyes at what I saw.

“Holy fuck Pat!” I screamed and practically tackled him into a hug.
“Happy Birthday Chev, babe,” He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.
I covered my face with my hands. “Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re here!” I gave him a bright smile and pulled him inside with our hands interlocked.

After a quick few minutes of catching up, I spoke.

“I have to show you the view!”

Patrick gave me a quirky smile and chuckled as I enthusiastically led him across the living room. I stopped at the glass door, and opened it. We stepped out onto the cement balcony in the chilly late autumn air.

“It is beautiful,” He smiled, placing his arm around my shoulders bringing me closer to him.

I laid my head on his shoulder and glanced up at him.

Maybe something had gotten to me, but the memory of summer fresh in my mind? Not the tanning, or the drinking. The clubbing wasn’t either. The memories of summer air were filled by those of love, and I’d have it no other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, this story is actually finished. -Started the first day of summer, and finished the last, pretty cool, aha. Thanks for all the support with this.

And also guys, check this out. It's my "school" story this year; featuring some of the old North Dakota hockey players.

Thanks again everyone, and tell me what you think of the end of this, :]