Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Project.

Christmas came and went, Seth and Mya having spent nearly all their time together. Of course every now and again they went to see the Cullens, Seth spent time alone with Jacob and the rest of that group, and Mya spent it with her family…but other than that they were by each other’s sides.

But today was their first day back at school in January, something which neither one of them was looking forwards to. Mya still hadn’t told Seth about what had happened in Forks with the gang, and she was hoping she’d never have to, as long as that gang didn’t confront her again. So after picking Collin up, the three of them were on their way to the high school, ignoring the lashing rain. Mya was not in a particularly good mood because of this weather, so Seth had stayed silent, the music pounding through the car almost deafening. They pulled up outside school only a couple of seconds before the bell went, meaning they had to run inside.

“Great now, I’m drenched!” Mya moaned.

Seth and Collin grinned at each other, before pulling her into a huge hug. Mya squealed at the steam rising from her clothes because of their high temperatures, pouting as they laughed.

“Not funny! Now my hair’s frizzy!” she sighed.

“At least you’re dry,” Collin smirked, walking away to his first lesson, French.

Mya frowned, attempting to pat down her hair as she and Seth walked to History.

“Hey, you look beautiful, don’t worry. Here, take this and tie your hair into a ponytail or something,” Seth offered, untying a bracelet from his wrist.

Mya looked down at the piece of beautifully woven string, smiling.

“Thanks,” she beamed.

“Don’t mention it,” Seth said quietly, smiling to himself opening the classroom door.

Luckily their teacher, Mrs Brooks was in a good mood, allowing them to sit down without being marked in as late arrival.

“Today I’ve got good news and bad news,” Mrs Brooks announced.

The class groaned, making her chuckle.

“Bad news is, the rain is meant to be like this all day. Good news is, I’m setting you a project to do!” Mrs Brooks said happily.

The class groaned even louder.

“Ah, don’t be like that, it’ll be fun for your first month back. Now, I want you to get into partners. Make sure you choose someone that you can concentrate with, not someone you think is good looking,” Mrs Brooks warned.

“What if they’re both?” A boy called Justin asked loudly, winking at his boyfriend and making everyone laugh.

“Like I said, choose wisely. Now, your project is simple. In pairs you will choose an influential figure in world history, from any country and time, and write a 1000 word essay. I also want you to present your person in the most interesting way you can to the entire class. You have until the end of the month. Feel free to use these lessons as a time to research in the school library, and have fun,” Mrs Brooks smiled.

Seth frowned, running his hand through his hair. Mya just laughed, taking both his hands in hers.

“Don’t be like that. It will be fun. I’ve done stuff like this before, so it won’t be too hard,” Mya said softly, smiling.

“But it’s still going to be a lot of work,” Seth whined.

“We’ll get to spend a lot of time together,” Mya said softly, a slight seductive edge creeping into her voice.

Seth stayed silent, a smirk sliding onto his lips.

“I thought you might like that. Right, I don’t like European history, so English or American, take your pick,” Mya grinned.

“Whatever you find easiest, you’re the one with the brains,” Seth laughed.

*

After school, at about 5pm, Mya and Seth were sitting in Mya’s kitchen, books spread out across the island, both of them concentrating on the texts in front of them.

“HELLOOOOOO!”

Mya shrieked, holding a hand to her heart as she turned around. Carrie was doubled over in laughter, clutching her sides.

“Works every time!” she giggled.

“Not cool, mum,” Mya pouted.

“You can’t talk, nerd. Why are you two down here?” Carrie asked, dumping her work bag on the kitchen side.

“We’re doing a history project, and don’t have enough of a flat surface in Mya’s room for both of us to work on without being too far apart,” Seth explained, linking his fingers with Mya’s under the table.

“Aww, that’s sweet. I think. What’s your project on?” Carrie asked with a smile, pouring herself some orange juice.

“Irish independence from English rule. Specifically Daniel O’Connell,” Mya grinned.

“You and your father’s bloody Irish roots,” Carrie teased, “I’ll leave you two to it,”

“Thanks, mum,” Mya said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Carrie laughed, and walked out of the kitchen. Seth pecked Mya’s lips softly, before picking up his book again. Two seconds later, Seth looked at his girlfriend.

“Can we take a break? This work is giving me a headache,” Seth whined.

“Sure thing. My hand’s getting cramp now anyway,” Mya nodded, smiling.

Seth whooped in happiness, making Mya laugh as the two of them walked into the living room.

“So what do you want to do instead then?” Mya mused, flopping down onto the sofa.

“You,” Seth shrugged.

Mya blushed deeply, her eyes widening in shock, making Seth laugh.

“I’m only teasing. Um, we could watch a movie or something?” Seth suggested.

Mya just nodded, the blush on her cheeks not fading. She could feel Seth staring at her as she walked over to her DVD cupboard and took a deep breath to calm herself, before she turned round to face him.

“Comedy, romance or thriller?” Mya offered.

“Hmm…a comedy would mean I get to hear your amazing laugh. A romance would mean I could kiss you at random times. But a thriller would mean I get to hold you close when you throw yourself at me. I choose thriller,” Seth grinned.

Mya couldn’t help but laugh, rolling her eyes, but pulled out a film.

“You are such a cheese. The Hills Have Eyes it is then,” she announced.

Seth nodded, watching her again as she bent down to put the DVD in the player. He just couldn’t help himself recently, and he knew she’d begun to notice. Tearing his eyes away just as she stood up, Seth smiled down at her as she sat down next to him.

“You might as well snuggle up now, save yourself the trouble in five minutes time,” Seth smirked.

“Ass,” Mya grumbled, hitting his chest playfully.

Seth just chuckled, pulling her onto his lap. Mya smiled, curling her legs under her body and leaning her head against his chest. Seth wrapped his arms round her waist and kissed her temple, before clicking the play button on the remote.

*

Indeed, Mya had spent most of the film with her head buried in Seth’s chest. Not that he minded. Now Seth was just about to leave, the two of them standing by the front door.

“At least we got a lot of the project planned,” Mya smiled.

“Aye. All we have to do now is write it up and think of a presentation,” Seth sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“It’ll be fine, we’ve got all month,” Mya laughed.

“Mm, but I want to spend that time with Mya O’Donnell, not Daniel O’Connell,” Seth pouted.

“I’ll make it worth your while,” Mya purred.

“Oh really?” Seth smirked, pulling her against his body.

Mya grinned, leaning her head up to capture his lips with hers. Seth almost groaned at the desire she embraced him with, pushing his tongue in her mouth without a second thought.

“Separate!” a voice said, disgusted.

Mya broke away from Seth to see Will standing nearby, arms crossed over his chest with a displeased look on his face.

“Not in public. Or preferably at all,” Will grimaced.

“What, like you and Leah did?” Seth retorted, raising an eyebrow.

Will blushed deeply as Mya’s jaw dropped.

“You what?” she gasped.

“New Years Eve. Willem and Leah kissed. And for quite a while,” Seth smirked.

“And you didn’t tell me?” Mya frowned.

“I didn’t think you’d want to know!” Will defended.

“Of course I do! Maybe not the details…but I’d still want to know the basics! Gah! You’re my best friend, Will!” Mya exasperated.

“Would it make you feel better if I told you that I’m taking Leah on a date at the end of the week?” Will sighed.

“A little. Now leave me alone, I need to say goodbye to my boyfriend,” Mya said firmly.

Will narrowed his eyes at Seth but nodded, leaving the two of them alone again.

“You weren’t going to tell me either, were you?” Mya sighed.

“Not my secret to tell,” Seth shrugged.

Mya pouted, making Seth sigh.

“I’m sorry, alright? Leah made me swear not to tell,” Seth said softly.

The pleading look on his face made her soften, and she nodded.

“It’s okay. I forgive you,” Mya nodded, smiling gently.

“Thank you. But I’ve got to go, or I’ll be late to Sam’s,” Seth said wistfully.

Mya giggled, kissing him slowly. Seth clutched her against his body, before letting her go.

“I’ll see you tomorrow morning,” Seth said with a smile as he reluctantly backed out of the doorway.

“See you,” she murmured, blowing him a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you haven't read my journal entry, go do it please. I will now only be updating all my stories on one day a week, because of my hand injury. I was just going to put everything on hiatus for two months, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. So yeah, one day a week.

Comments?
xo