Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Rumors.

The next morning, Friday, Mya lay awake and still in her bed. Seth had left about an hour ago because Sam had called him for an ‘urgent problem’ as Seth put it. So Mya had just slipped Seth’s t-shirt on and gone back to bed. She couldn't believe that they'd finally been intimate, and couldn't hide the grin on her face.

At about half 8 she was jogging to school, Seth having called to say he was needed at home and wasn’t coming in. Mya made it into homeroom only 2 minutes before the bell rang at 9am, sliding into her seat in silence. What confused her were the sneers and glances in her direction. Turning her head, Mya could see people looking at her and whispering to each other. So she bent her head down, hiding behind her hair.

But this continued all day. Mya wished Seth and Collin were in school for her to talk to, because the stares and whispers were almost too much to bear. She almost jumped for joy as the bell rang for the end of the day, and she practically ran to the gym to get changed for track practice.

On her way out onto the field, Mya could feel stares burning into her back. Slowing down, Mya hoped that the people would just go past her. Indeed, Patricia and Sophia bumped into her shoulders.

“Slut!” Patricia sneered

Mya looked down at the girl, shocked. They just started giggling, making tears spring to Mya’s eyes. As the two girls started running, Mya shook her head, taking a deep breath.

“Pull yourself together,” Mya scolded herself

*

Track practice finished 2 hours later, and Mya headed straight out of school.

“Oi, O’Donnell!”

Mya’s blood ran cold, and she started walking faster.

“Slut, we’re talking to you!”

Against her better judgement, Mya turned around, paling at the sight of the gang from before, minus the two Forks boys. She clenched her fists in panic as they started walking over.

“Leave me alone!” Mya said angrily.

The group ignored her, the 3 boys and 2 girls carrying on advancing. Mya turned and started running through the car park, but they’d had a head-start and caught up, one of the boys slamming her into the chain-link fence.

“Now, now, O’Donnell. What’s this we hear about you fucking Clearwater, eh?” the leader smirked, digging his thumbs into her shoulder blades.

Mya’s breathing stopped and her eyes went wide with shock.

“Did you have to pay him?” one of the boys taunted.

“Or did he feel sorry for your virgin ass?” the 3rd boy taunted further.

“Or is there something else you’re hiding?” Patricia sneered.

“She’s probably a prostitute,” Sophia snickered.

“Leave me alone!” Mya hissed, tears stinging her eyes.

“Hmm, how about…no?” the leader drawled.

Mya tried to wrench herself out of his grip, but he backhanded her hard across the cheek.

“I think we should find out how good she really is,” the leader smirked.

As the other two boys held her arms to the fence and the leader’s hands went to the button of her jeans, Mya screamed loudly, hoping anyone left would hear. Another slap to the face cut her off, tears running down her cheeks as his hand slid down the front of her jeans.

“DON’T FUCKING TOUCH HER!!”

The gang turned their heads to see Hayden and one of his friends, Matt, running over. The five of them ran off, leaving Mya to drop to the floor. Seconds later, Hayden reached her, dropping to his knees in front of her.

“Mya, are you okay? Did he do anything? Did they hurt you?” he asked worriedly.

“He-He hit me…twice. And put his hand down my jeans,” Mya sobbed, pulling her zip back up.

“Ssh, it’s okay now. Come on, we’ll get you home,” Hayden said soothingly.

Matt nodded, so Hayden scooped her up, carrying her to his friend’s car. After making sure Mya was safely buckled in, they sped out of the school grounds.

20 minutes later, Matt’s car pulled up outside Mya’s house. Mya wiped her eyes and sniffed, smiling gratefully at the boys.

“Thank you so much. I dread to think what would’ve happened if you hadn’t had been there,” she murmured.

“We’ll report them on Monday. They won’t get away with this,” Matt said seriously.

“O-Okay,” Mya nodded.

“Are you going to be alright?” Hayden asked, worried.

“I think so. See you on Monday,” Mya replied, smiling weakly.

Hayden looked unsure, but gave Mya a hug goodbye anyway. Mya waved as they drove away, taking a deep breath to compose herself before she walked in the house.

*

“Mya! Seth’s on the phone!” Carrie yelled.

It was 8pm now, and pitch black outside. Mya gulped but picked up the house phone, waiting till her mum had put down hers before speaking.

Mya: Hello?
Seth: Are you okay?
M: W-What?
S: I said are you okay?
M: I-I’m fine. W-Why?
S: I just got the feeling that you were upset. What’s wrong?
M: N-Nothing’s wrong.
S: Then why do you keep stuttering nervously?
M: I’m n-not. I-I’m just cold.
S: I’ll come over and warm you up then.

Panic washed over her now, and she racked her brains, desperately thinking.

M: Erm, I ki-kinda promised my mom a girls night in. S-Sorry.
S: If you’re sure. Wrap up in more layers or something then.
M: Al-Alright. See you tomorrow.
S: Okay, goodnight.

Mya quickly hung up, cursing herself for lying to Seth. With a sigh, she walked downstairs, knowing she’d actually have to act on her lie in case he asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next one's an important one, and picks up a lot of drama.
Very, very important.
So I'd appreciate some comments!
=]
xo