Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Bite.

Emmett paced back and forward in the living room of the Cullen home, angry and worried about Mya. She’d been missing for hours now, and although he, Alice, Bella and Rosalie had gone to look for her while Carlisle and Esme stayed as a base touch, their limited tracking abilities had only led them to her cardigan and shoes. So they’d come home, keeping in touch with Edward, Jasper and Renesmee, who were still down on the reservation. Then Rosalie’s phone rang.

“Any news Eddie?” she asked worriedly.

Carlisle, Esme, Bella, Alice and Emmett all watched in anticipation as Rosalie listened, not liking the frown on her face.

“Damn. What, Seth’s only just got back in human form? Woah. No, Alice can’t see anything apart from her running through trees…”

Emmett froze as Alice suddenly spaced out.

“HEY!” he yelled excitedly.

“Eddie, gotta go. Alice is seeing something. Alright, I’ll update you…keep Seth calm and on the res. Bye!”

Bella handed Alice a piece of paper and a pencil, all of them watching in horror at the appearing image of Mya being bitten by an unknown vampire, surrounded by trees with a stream not far away. Then Alice stopped, her face set in a determined expression.

“Rose and Esme, stay here and help with setting up Carlisle’s surgery. Em, Bells, come with me! I know where this is but we’ve got to hurry!” Alice ordered.

*

“Now, now, don’t be afraid. Actually…you should be,” the boy smirked.

“Let me go!” Mya choked.

She panicked as he lifted her off the ground by her throat, losing precious oxygen. Then he squinted at her, looking shocked.

“You’re the girl that caused so much trouble in Volterra!” he gasped.

“Y-You were there? Who are you?” Mya whimpered.

“I saw you this summer. You were so beautiful, so dynamic, so…appetising. And I’m so glad I’ve found you now,” the boy drawled, his accent something that Mya couldn’t place.

“What d-do you want from me?” Mya asked nervously.

“I’m going to drain you of all your intoxicating blood,” he said simply.

“W-What? N-no!” Mya whimpered.

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t?” the boy mused.

“Why would you want to kill me?” Mya cried out.

“Why wouldn’t I?” he chuckled.

Mya started crying as he pinned her to the tree, her feet still not touching the ground.

“Aww don’t cry. I’ll make your death quick,” he smirked.

Mya screamed as he sank his teeth into the base of her neck, searing pain shooting through her body like she’d never felt before.

“MYA!”

The boy just sucked harder, making her scream louder than she’d ever screamed before. But before she knew it, something hard and fast slammed into the boy, and he dropped her to the ground. She felt something crunch in her ankle, and she cried out again. Emmett leapt to his feet, growling as he saw the boy running away. As he was about to run after him, Alice arrived.

“He’s not our priority,” Alice said firmly.

Emmett clenched his fists, gritting his teeth, but turned around. He lost all anger as he saw Mya just lying on the ground, writhing in agony. Then Bella arrived. But she stopped, clamping her hand to her nose.

“So much blood,” she whimpered.

“Stay the fuck away from her,” Emmett growled, glaring.

He ran to Mya’s side, not breathing in fear of smelling her too much. Alice joined him, leaving Bella to stand a couple of metres away by the stream.

“Burning,” was all Mya managed to groan.

“She’s been bitten,” Alice whispered, also not breathing.

“What do we do?” Emmett asked worriedly, wincing as Mya cried out in pain and writhed some more.

“You’ll have to suck the venom out of her,” Alice said gravely.

“I can’t,” Emmett replied instantly.

“You have to! You’re the one she’s closest too! And I need to get Bella out of here!” Alice exasperated.

Emmett watched helplessly as Mya cried out louder in pain, clutching onto his arm.

“What if I can’t control myself? What if I kill her?” Emmett panicked.

“It’s a risk we’ll have to take. I can’t concentrate enough right now to see what happens. But she doesn’t have long left,” Alice said urgently.

Mya cried out again, writhing even more in pain. Emmett knew Alice was right.

“Okay, I’ll do it. Have Carlisle ready,” Emmett nodded.

Alice grinned and ran off with Bella. Emmett turned to look at Mya, sadness washing over him at the agony she was in.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered.

Mya screamed again as Emmett sank his teeth into the flesh near her wound.
♠ ♠ ♠
to be continued...again!
Will Emmett be able to stop himself?
What's going to happen to Seth?
The next chapter is one of my favourites =]

Anyone a fan of Forever The Sickest Kids? Well if you are, please check out my new co-write with the epic Christian Lo, aka Becky. Our story, Holding Onto A Fairytale focuses on Kyle Burns and Jonathan Cook (not a slash), and we’re so stoked to write this! The first chapter is already up, so please take a read. We’ve got big plans for this story.

Comments?
xo