Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Secrets.

“She’s waking up!”

Mya groaned, her eyes slowly opening. The entire Cullen family was standing around her in a room she didn’t recognise, making her confused.

“Where am I? What happened?” Mya mumbled.

She didn’t understand the strange series of images in her mind.

“There are some things you need to know about us, Mya,” Carlisle said softly.

Alice and Emmett each took one of Mya’s hands, bracing her.

“We’re vampires,” Rosalie announced.

Mya stayed silent.

“I-I know it’s kinda weird…” Jasper said uneasily.

“I should’ve guessed,” Mya said gently.

“How could you have known?” Edward mused.

“Pale, don’t go out in the direct sunshine, Emmett bit me…” Mya listed.

“I almost killed you,” Emmett whispered, “I’m so sorry,”

“But you didn’t, did you? You saved me,” Mya whispered, smiling.

Rosalie squeezed his hand, showing her pride.

“And you’re not evil like that other guy. His eyes had red in, yours don’t,” Mya reasoned.

“We’re not like most other vampires. We don’t drink human blood. We restrict ourselves to animals,” Esme explained.

“Vegetarians, if you will,” Emmett chuckled.

“What’s Seth?” Mya asked suddenly.

The Cullens all looked at each other briefly.

“Seth should be the one telling you this, but he’s sleeping. He, and all of his friends, are werewolves. Well, technically they’re shape shifters because it doesn’t take a full moon for them to change. I think they just prefer the term werewolf,” Bella explained with a small smile, taking Edward’s hand in hers.

“I saw him change. I made him angry,” Mya said quietly.

“No you didn’t. Seth can’t control his feelings very well, and the ones he feels for you are so strong, that when he heard about what that gang did at school, he almost exploded on the spot. The pack’s leader Sam exploded in front of his fiancée once, completely disfiguring her face. It wasn’t a bear attack that gave Emily those scars – it was Sam. Seth was so ashamed that he nearly did the same to you, that it took him hours to be able to go back to human form. It was so hard to calm him down,” Jasper said firmly.

“He hates me know, doesn’t he? For causing him so much pain?” Mya said miserably.

“No, no, don’t start thinking that. He thinks you hate him,” Edward said with a weak smile.

Tears filled Mya’s eyes, so Alice quickly nudged Jasper. When calm flooded Mya, she stared at Jasper, shocked.

“How did you do that?” she gasped.

“So you finally noticed! I can control emotions. That’s my power, if you want to put it like that,” Jasper shrugged, smiling.

“Does anyone else have a power?” Mya asked curiously.

“I can see the future. That’s how I first saw you shopping with us, and it’s how we found you in time yesterday – I saw the attack,” Alice said apologetically.

“I’m a shield. I can block mental…stuff,” Bella smiled.

“I’m the opposite. No-one can block anything from me in their mind if I touch them,” Renesmee giggled.

“And I can read minds. Only the current thoughts in your head though,” Edward grinned.

“That’s why Seth called you, wasn’t it? To read my mind,” Mya sighed, frowning.

“Mya, I think you should get some rest now. It won’t do your healing any good to stress. We’ll sort everything out, don’t worry,” Carlisle soothed.

Mya just nodded, so one-by-one the Cullens gave her a hug and filed out, leaving Mya alone in the strange bed. As soon as the Cullens got downstairs, the phone rang. Emmett was the closest, so he picked it up.

Emmett: Jello?
Seth: Hey Emmett, it’s Seth. I-Is Mya awake?
E: No, she just went back to sleep.
S: Oh, um, can you call me when she wakes up again?
E: Nope.
S: What?
E: I don’t want you talking to her until she’s fully healed. If you could actually control your emotions, then she wouldn’t be in this state. God, if you had seen her when we found her…

Alice darted forward at this point, knocking the phone out of his hands.

“Don’t make this worse,” she warned.

“He deserves it,” Emmett growled.

“But Mya doesn’t,” Alice said angrily.

Emmett growled but walked away when Rosalie tugged on his hand. Alice sighed and picked up the phone, handing it to Edward.

Seth: Hello? Anyone there?
Edward: It’s Edward. Sorry about that.
S: No, Emmett’s right. It was all my fault.
E: Don’t listen to him. He’s just really protective of Mya.
S: Bu if I hadn’t changed in front of her she wouldn’t have run away…and she wouldn’t have been attacked! It is all my fault!
E: Woah, calm down. Mya doesn’t blame you at all. She didn’t even react badly when we told her about you lot.
S: You told her?!
E: She asked, we weren’t going to lie. We told her about us too.
S: She knows about you too?!
E: She kind of guessed after Emmett bit her.
S: He WHAT?!?!?
E: Calm down! He had to! Otherwise we wouldn’t have got the venom out in time.
S: Oh god!
E: Mya is fine. She’s just worried about seeing you. She didn’t say it outloud, but her thoughts were screaming it.
S: Why? She’s scared of me, isn’t she?
E: No, she’s not. She thinks you hate her for running away.
S: Oh God! I’ve got to see her!

At this point, Carlisle tapped Edward on the shoulder.

“May I?” Carlisle asked politely.

Edward nodded, handing over the phone.

Carlisle: Seth, it’s Carlisle.
Seth: Oh, hello Dr Cullen.
C: I’m sorry, but you can’t come up to see Mya.
S: W-Why not?
C: She needs to heal. Just thinking and talking about you makes her worry. She needs time.
S: How long?
C: At least till the end of the week. I’ve phoned her parents and told them she’s in isolation from a bear attack.
S: Mm, they were worried. It took Leah ages to calm her brother down. I just don’t know if I’ll be able to last that long without seeing her.
C: I’ll tell you what. Whenever she wakes up, I’ll let you call her for an hour.
S: Nothing more?
C: Nothing more. I want Mya to heal fully and properly. I assume that’s the most important thing on your mind?
S: Of course it is!
C: Good. 1 hour a day then.
S: Fine, thanks Doc.
C: See you soon.
S: Alright, bye.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you may have noticed in the status, I'll be updating this story pretty much as much as possible, mainly because I want to get it out there =]
For those of you who didn't know...now you do!

Thank you to everyone that commented - I appreciate your thoughts so much. And to all you silent readers...thanks for reading (although I'd appreciate comments from you too...).

xo