Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Staying?

The next morning, Mya and Will arrived back home at 8am, panting but grinning, having just completed a two-hour run.

“Don’t you feel a lot better now?” Mya said happily, taking a swig from the water bottle she’d left on the porch.

“Not really,” Will wheezed, taking a swig too, “but I’m glad we had a chance to see how bumpy the roads are. My poor baby’s not going to stand a chance!”

“Mmhmm. You might want to get the wheels changed. Didn’t Embry and Quil show us a garage yesterday?” Mya asked, opening the front door.

“Erm…possibly?” Will offered, shrugging.

“You’re useless!” she giggled, “I’m sure it’s around somewhere,”

“Alright. Shower, breakfast, then go?” Will smiled.

“Deal,” Mya grinned, nodding.

30 minutes later, Mya ran down the stairs two at a time, wearing a pair of dark green cut-off khaki shorts, a plain black t-shirt and a pair of black pumps. Two seconds after her, Will came bounding down the stairs, joining her in the kitchen.

“Pour me a bowl pleeeease?” he begged.

Mya rolled her eyes, pouring out another bowl of cornflakes for her brother. He got them both a glass of orange juice, and they sat down at the island together.

“Another house, another town, how long are we going to be here for?” Mya said dryly.

“Who knows,” Will shrugged, shovelling in a spoonful.

“It’s actually permanent,” a voice said quietly.

Mya and Will turned their heads to see their mom by the front door.

“What?” they asked in unison, confused.

“Your father and I were talking last night. We’ve always moved around too much, not spent enough time as a family. After…Italy, we realised how much of a toll it was taking on the two of you. So this is our final move. We’re staying here for good,” Carrie said firmly.

A wide grin spread across Mya’s face and she jumped up, running to her mum and threw her arms round her.

“Thank you soooo much!” Mya squealed happily.

“Not a problem. Now, I must get going, I’ve got an interview,” Carrie said nervously.

“Where for, mom?” Will asked, standing beside Mya.

“Just a florist in Port Angeles. The job would only be 6 days a week, from 10 till 4, so I’d have Sundays free, but I want something to fill my time,” Carrie explained shyly.

“Fair enough. Good luck!” Mya beamed.

Carrie grinned, kissing both her children’s foreheads before leaving the house. Mya and Will went back to their breakfast, quickly eating. About 15 minutes later, the two of them were ready to go, and were sitting in Will’s 1953 chevrolet belair.

“Go to the end of our drive, turn right, follow the road down a bit and turn left. We’ll just have to guess from there,” Mya shrugged.

Will nodded, starting the engine. Pantera boomed through the speakers, making Mya grin as her brother sped off.

*

An hour passed, and Mya and Willem still hadn't found a garage. They were pretty much certain that they were lost, actually. But then Mya saw something out the corner of her eye.

“Hang on, I think I see a garage!” Mya said excitedly.

“Fucking finally,” Will groaned, driving to where Mya pointed.

He parked the car and turned it off, the two of them getting out. But then they gasped.

“You work here?” Mya said in shock.

Embry and Quil stood in front of them, overalls covered in grease and oil.

“Yeah, we did say yesterday. Me, Quil and Jacob do. Technically it’s Jake’s garage, but seeing as the weather’s nice for the next two weeks and he’s camping…we’re the only one’s in,” Embry nodded, grinning.

“Em, check out their car!” Quil gasped, eyes lighting up.

Embry did so, jaw dropping.

“Where the hell did you get a Chevrolet Bel Air?” Embry asked, not believing his eyes.

“Oh, I fixed it up from scratch,” Will shrugged.

“You did that yourself?” Quil asked, still in shock.

“Mya helped a bit, mainly 'cause my dad’s useless with machines, but yeah,” Will nodded, blushing slightly.

“Will found a 1953 original shell in a dump yard, and slowly bought the original parts. He put it all together and made it run like a dream,” Mya laughed.

Embry let out a low whistle, eyeing the car up and down. Then he looked at Quil, who nodded.

“Do you want a job here?” Embry asked, looking at Will.

“Seriously?” Will gasped.

“Yeah, seriously. That car’s amazing, man. This is the only garage on the reservation and even people from Forks and sometimes Port Angeles use it. We’re always understaffed, and could definitely use someone like you,” Quil nodded, smiling.

“D-Definitely. I might have to ask for some help changing the tyres to bigger ones. These aren’t good for the roads around here,” Will grinned.

“Deal. Welcome to Black Motors,” Embry laughed.

“Oh, and Mya’s welcome to hang around here whenever she wants too. It’s always nice to have a break from testosterone,” Quil teased, winking at her.

Mya blushed but nodded.

“So what’s your story then?” Embry asked, grabbing a couple of jacks to lift up Will’s car.

“What do you mean?” Mya asked, confused.

“Why did the O’Donnell family come back to the Quilette reservation? I mean, we all know your mom used to live here, but why’d you come back now?” Quil asked.

“Oh um…” Mya said nervously.

Will sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Death in the family,” he said quietly.

“Sorry, we shouldn’t have asked,” Embry apologised instantly.

“No, it’s alright. You didn’t know,” Will said weakly.

“Quil, could you grab me two sizes up?” Embry asked quickly, indicating to the tyres.

“Sure thing,” Quil nodded, “can you help, Will?”

Will nodded, following Quil. Mya helped Embry jack the car up in silence, wiping her hands on the sleeve of his overalls after.

“Thanks,” Embry said dryly.

Mya just giggled.

“Oh, don’t get used to this sunshine. Very rare on the res. Even rarer in Forks,” Embry smirked, looking up at the clear sky.

“Really?” Mya pouted.

“Really really. Normally cloudy and rainy and all that jazz,” Embry laughed.

“Damn. Ah well, we lived in Scotland when I was 5 and 6 – it was rarely sunny there, either,” Mya sighed.

“Why do you move around so much?” Embry asked curiously, “if you don’t mind saying,”

“My dad’s job,” Mya smiled, jumping up on a barrel to watch Embry take the old wheels off.

“Isn’t he into water…and stuff?” Embry asked vaguely.

“Marine biology. I think he said something about a minimum of 5 years in a conservation project here, a research job at a university in Seattle and a lecturing job at the same university for marine biology. He’s not home a lot, but when he is it’s great,” Mya explained, running her hand through her long dark hair.

“Woah, sounds complicated,” Embry snorted.

“Nah, he’s just a big nerd who loves fish, really,” Mya giggled.

Embry laughed too, just as Will and Quil came back out to the yard.

“Mya O’Donnell having fun? I never thought I’d see the day,” Will teased.

“She was just explaining about your dad’s jobs,” Embry grinned.

“Ah, yeah, the fish-loving nerd, I was just telling Quil,” Will chuckled.

The four of them laughed, glad of the sunshine and company.

“So how abut we play 20 questions? To get to know each other better?” Quil suggested.

“Are you sure you’re 18?” Embry snorted, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

“It sounds like a good idea to me,” Will shrugged.

“Alright!” Quil grinned, high-fiving Will.

“It’ll pass the two weeks,” Mya laughed, trying to make Embry feel better.

“True, true. Alright, I’ll go first!” Embry said loudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Willem’s car.

Still introducing the characters and a bit more about their background.
Like how close Willem and Mya actually are.
More will be said about their reason for coming to La Push later on.
Seth arrives in the next chapter! So all is good =]

Comments please! Thank you so much to those who've commented already!
xo