Status: Decided to go ahead. Might as well write it like I want...

Spellbound

Elongated Visit

Dinner was finally over. Artemis and Rachel stood up, only after everyone else had gone to retire to the den. The peruvian witch grabbed Rachel around the shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "That was painful but its not over.. Come on.." Rachel nodded and they both headed towards the den, passing Nancy who leaned in and gave Artemis a small peck on the cheek as she passed. The whole dinner had been spent talking ill of Rachel's parents. Including her mother. It was hurtful but Rachel kept her mouth shut.

They walked into the den just in time to hear Uncle Elden ask Dorothy and Grandfather a question. "Mother, Father, you two wouldn't mind keeping Kale Avery and Elden for me, for awhile? The divorce is barely starting and I have no place to keep them until I get a new house, since.. their mother demands to keep the house..." He asked. Kale flashed a brilliant, award winning smile towards her grandparents and Mikey just sat there with his hands folded between his legs as he sat forward on the chair, leaning over himself as if he was contemplating something on the floor.

"We'd be pleased, son." Dorothy said, her eyes sparkling with what Rachel figured to be evil delight. It was as if Dorothy could tell that Kale would make Rachel's life hell. Elden smiled.

Thank you, Mother. This means alot to me. Well I must be going. I'll drop them by tomorrow with their suitcases before I head to work." He said standing up. Kale and Mikey followed suit. Elden shook his father's hand, and gave Dorothy a small peck, Kale gave both grandparents a warm hug, and Mikey awkwardly hugged them, then gave Rachel a small hug.

"Later." Kale said to Rachel before the trio dissappeared into the hall and out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning was Monday. It turns out all Dorothy had to do was call the school and both Kale and Mikey were gained entrance into the school. Rachel got up early and dressed into her usual plain jeans and shirt before heading downstairs for breakfast. On the way she was met by Sav, Batista [her grandmother's cat], and an unfamiliar siamese cat with brilliant blue eyes which was sweetly grooming Sav. Rachel crouched down and gave the cat a small pat. "You're a pretty kitty aren't ya?" She asked softly as she checked the tag. 'Jezebel'.

Just then Kale made her appearance in a soft grey sweater that hung off her shoulders and a pair of dark skinny jeans with grey suede boots that came up to mid calves. Silver hoops hung from her ears and her face was adorned with soft touches of make-up that only a model could achieve. "Keep your scummy hands off of Jezzy." She snapped like a bitch with puppies. Rachel stood up and stepped back. "Stay away from her. She's a prizewinner and I don't need her associating with you... fleabag." She then bent down and picked up the cat who rubbed her head along Kale's chin and purred. Kale flipped her straightened brown hair and walked away towards the dining room.

Rachel sighed and looked at Sav who was ignoring the hisses from Batista. Sav simply looked up at her with her green eyes as if to say 'Bitch'. Rachel gave a small laugh and shook her head. "I know, Savvy girl. You're telling me." She then followed Kale's steps to the kitchen, just in time for Kale to screech about her schedule being the same as Rachel's.

"I WILL NOT SHARE CLASSES WITH THAT...THAT...INBRED!" Rachel stopped dead in her tracks. Class... with the Danica and Kale in the same rom.. Goddess save her.