Status: Active.....

The Dark Woods

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Ambulic

It all started with one simple, yet dangerous decision...
Doctor, Samuel Night walked down the street looking for Ambulic, when he was six. Ambulic had disappeared and Sam was frantic with fright. Nothing had ever scared him so badly in his life, not even a werewolf.
Dr. Night had been like a father to Ambulic since he was a baby. He had been abandoned on Dr. Nights' door step on September, 16th , 1867. He was wrapped in a thin, tan colored blanket. He had been crying, and there was a glass beside him filled with blood. From that day forward, Dr. Night knew of Ambulic being a vampire, and Ambulic knew he was a vampire. Dr. Night had took him hunting in the Dark Woods when he was old enough to hunt at the age of 5.

Ambulic was now 16. He was washing the dishes after breakfast. They had blood-filled pancakes. Yeah, as tempting as that sounds... no thanks! (For a human). Sam had made them just for Ambulic, and had made some normal pancakes for himself as well.
Dr. Night watched Ambulic for the longest time; thinking about how much time he'd spent with him for the past sixteen years...
Maybe the time had come for Ambulic to go back to where most vampires make their home; In the Dark Woods.
“Sam, I'm done with the dishes I'm going to go see Mindy!” Ambulic said, heading for the wooden door of the cabin, that was beside the glass window.
Samuel blinked, and he scooted the chair away from the wood like table and stood up.
“Ambulic,” He rasped.
Ambulic stopped walking and turned to face Dr. Night.
“Have... you ever thought of finding a place for you in the Dark Woods?” Samuel asked him, hopefully.
Ambulic flinched at his words, but remained calm. “Now? Are you sure?... Sam- I... I've been here all my sixteen years on my life- I surely couldn't adapt to something new, something so... savage as far as vampires' go.”
Samuel smiled. “I think you've done well here. Now, it's time for an adventure in your life... go find out who you really are, Ambulic. The answer can be found in the Dark Woods.”
Ambulic sighed. “What about what Frank told me? About how Vampires are savage killing monsters? Frank also told me he went into the Dark Woods and almost got killed by one.”
Dr. Night chuckled. “Ah, don't pay any attention to Frank. He's never been anywhere but across the river and back. 'S a coward, always making up stories to make 'emself look good. And I think you could handle a fight with one, Ambulic. You are part vampire”
Ambulic looked down. What about Mindy? The one he's always been in love with? He couldn't just leave her here! What if another invasion happens?
There had been three werewolf and vampire invasions in the last year. Ambulic feared there would be more.
He sighed. Mindy is only human... Ambulic is a vampire...
“I guess I'll go for just a week. To see if I like it.” Ambulic finally decided.
Samuel nodded.
“Good, you'll leave tomorrow in the morning, if you want. But if you change your mind come tell me.”
Ambulic did a quick smile and turned then opened the door and walked out of the cabin shutting the door and walking down the path to Mindys' house.

He walked across the gray stoned bridge and saw Mindys' cabin not far away. How would he expect her to understand? She already knew he was a vampire! Goddess, will she understand?...
He stood outside her wooden cabin and sighed, then, after a moments hesitation, knocked on the door.
Mindys' mother, Becca, answered the door.
Ambulic gulped out of nervousness.
“I-is Mindy home, Ma'am?” Ambulic choked out.
“Oh, yes, Ambulic I'll get her.” Becca replied and turned around. “MINDY! DOOR'S FOR YOU! AMBULIC IS WAITING!”

Ambulic didn't know why, but he hated when Becca did that; yell for Mindy.
Mindy walked in the way of her mother and smiled at him, while Becca walked out of sight into her house.
Mindy was wearing a embroidered cotton dress that was light weight, that was a pale blue color. She was wearing her dark brown hair down, today, and to Ambulic, looked beautiful.
“Hi,” He said, and smiled at her.
“Hi, what brings you here? It's a little early... you know...” Mindy trailed off.
Ambulic chuckled. “You know we don't burn in sunlight. It's just a myth...”
Mindy rolled her eyes. “Well, yeah, I just- it's weird. The vampires in the forest only come at night, why is that?”
Ambulic shrugged. “I'm different from them... Anyway, Mindy, I'm leaving.”
♠ ♠ ♠
(: Hope you enjoy it. Please comment to tell me what you think about it- even if its negative! Seriously, is it that hard to go to the comments and leave one? Exactly.