Status: Active.....

The Dark Woods

Chapter 10

"Ambulic, Mindy- this way." Dark Paw beckoned them to follow. "It is a two days journey if you two keep walking like this- keep utop!"
Mindy rolled her eyes. "If he keeps saying that, I'll only walk slower."
Ambulic smiled. "He's the leader of the Combined Rule, he has to be back before tomorrow or something may happen."

They all saw a bright light and Dark Paw turned to them, "We are here. Ambulic- you shall go first. Walk strait up to the Moon Tree and touch it with your paw- I mean hand. Hah, sorry, I haven't gotten use to instructing vampires."

Ambulic walked slowly towards the Moon Tree and touched it with his right hand. When he did, he then stood before a clearing. He looked around him, and saw two figures walking side by side, both in black cloaks. One was a werewolf with glowing white fur, the other was a vampire, with white hair, and a small white beard.
The vampire spoke first. "Ambuic, I am Facheeta, first vampire leader of this forest. You have been wanting to join the Combined Rule, have you not?" He said, in a calm, peaceful, voice.
"I- I have." Ambulic stammered.
"Will you, Ambulic Ventary, fight even until death, to make peace with vampires and werewolves?" Facheeta continued.
"I will." Ambulic promised.
"Then I grant you membership to the Combined Rule." Facheeta smiled. "Welcome, Ambulic."

Ambulic saw darkness surrounding him, then when it disappeared he was blinded by the light the Moon Tree was giving off. He noticed he was on the ground, and quickly stood up.
He walked back to Dark Paw and Mindy, and Dark Paw called to him. "How was it?"
"Brilliant. I met them- both." Ambulic told him.
Dark Paw smiled and looked at Mindy. "You may go now, Mindy."

When Mindy got back, they all traveled back to the combined rule village.
As they were walking to the Palace stairs, Dark Paw announced loudly. "TRIBE MEETING! All who are old enough to fight, TRIBE MEETING!"
Ambulic and Mindy followed Dark Paw up the Palace stairs, and so did many vampires and werewolves.
One werewolf pup tried to follow everyone up the stairs. A female werewolf was trailing after it, calling it by its name. "Alan! Come back here!"
The pup ran past Ambulic and Mindy, with a huge smile on its face.
They both glanced at each other as Carla, the female tracking the young pup, raced past them and caught a hold of Alan.
"You're not old enough, Alan. Patience." Carla tried to calm her pup.
"No! I want to go! I want to go, like everyone else!" Alan squirmed, trying to get out of his mothers firm grip.
"Alan! Stop! If you want to go to the next tribe meeting, you'll come with me down stairs."
"I want to go today!" Alan cried.
"No-"
"Carla." Terran Paw said, walking over to her.
Carla smiled at him. "Terran Paw. Sorry about the fuss. Alan misunderstood that NEXT week is when he can attend meetings."
Terran Paw frowned. "He is too young, Carla. I doubt next week will be any different. How old is he?"
"Nine years. Ten years of age is the-"
"I know what the law states, Carla. But your son, he acts as if he is four years. Wait three more years, before he can come to meetings. Trust me, Carla. He'll be able to understand easier."
Carla nodded. "I'll think about it. Thank you, Terran Paw."
Terran Paw did a nod, and took two steps back, so Carla could calm her, now, angry pup.

The pup wiggled out of Carla's arms and started to run down the stairs. While running, the pup tripped, and fell down the rest of the forty steps of stairs. Carla gasped and rushed down the stairs to her injured pup.
Ambulic and Mindy were about to help her but Terran Paw growled at them. "Stay still, all of you. I'll go help the pup."
He didn't rush down the stairs, for it was raining. He thought of his own safety, and walked to the limp pup and crying mother at the bottom of the forty steps.

Terran Paw saw that the pup was no longer breathing, and put a paw on Carla's shoulder. "He is no more, Carla."
"What? No! No!" Carla weeped, and put her face in her paws. "He no longer exists!"
And he didn't. At the age of ten, every werewolf, and vampire, went to the Moon Tree and presented itself to Facheeta and White Paw. If they died before then, it meant they didn't exist. They would simply die, and to never return to Facheeta and White Paw.
"I'm sorry for your loss, Carla." Terran Paw sighed, and slowly walked back up the stairs.

Dark Paw rushed down the stairs, and glanced at Terran Paw before reaching Carla.
He talked with her, only less than for two minutes, for glaring up at Terran Paw, who waiting at the top of the stairs, in the Palace.
"TERRAN PAW!" Dark Paw yelled, with so much anger in his voice, and headed up the stairs.
Terran Paw flinched, and knew everyone who was in the Palace was staring at him.

When Dark Paw reached the top of the stairs, he hit Terran Paw's face with his paw.
Terran Paw flinched and backed away from his father. "Father, I only did what you would have done-"
"YOU AREN'T TRAINED FOR IT!" Dark Paw shouted. "You don't know if Facheeta and White Paw made an exception to Alan- YOU DON'T KNOW!"
Terran Paw glared. "THEN TEACH ME!"
"By the name of Facheeta and White Paw, I take away your leader name, Terran Paw. For now, it is Terran."
Terran gaped at his father, for what he had just done.
Dark Paw looked at the rest of the tribe, ignoring Terran. "The meeting is postponed, An hour break, all of you."

An hour past, and everyone hadn't left to go to their houses or anything. They were curious to hear what Dark Paw had to say.
"We must be extra careful, no one is to leave the camp alone, anymore. There are other vampires out there in the Dark Woods who will kill and murder some of you who do go out alone, just for being in the Combined Rule."
Dark Paw, then looked at Terran. "You told me you had an announcement, what is it?"
"What if some of us want to join the vampire outcasts?"
Everyone gasped in astonishment, at Terran's words.
Dark Paws eyes showed sadness, but his mouth did not frown nor smile. "Those who want to join the vampire outcasts, may do so. All of those in favor of joining the enemy, go to the back of the room by the stairs, so I may look at all of those who leave the tribe today."
Terran was the first to go by the stairs. Everyone made room for his to leave, they stepped back from him when he walked.
John and Carla were the last of them to go. They stood by the stairs, waiting for Dark Paw to say something.
"I am sorry, all of you. Terran, especially you, my son-"
"I'm no son of yours." Terran growled.
"And it's Terran Paw now!" Carla shouted. "He shall be our leader!"
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o ahhh haha :D