Blood Brothers

Sweet Stranger

Bill’s POV

I sat on the couch, staring at my hands. I was worrying about Tom, but I knew that he didn’t want me to check on him again.
It was dark out, but I wasn’t sure if Tom had the strength to go hunting or not.
I knew that if I took him along with me, he would most likely have a crazy frenzy and kill the entire town.
I stood up and left without him.
I walked out of the apartment building and I glanced up at the night sky.
It was always beautiful, but I missed the sunny sky too.
I missed feeling the sun on my skin.
I searched for an animal; I found a lost dog.
I feast on it as if it were the last drop of blood on earth.
After I finished my meal, I tossed the dead dog in a bush nearby, wiped my face and I began to walk back to the apartment.
However–
“Excuse me!” A voice called from behind.
I glanced over my shoulder to see someone – a woman – hurrying towards me.
Her face was pale and she looked very troubled.
“Yes?” I asked, trying to ignore the sudden burn in my throat as her scent came closer and closer.
“Have you seen my dog? He’s a German Sheppard, obviously he’s large and…”
I tuned her out as I realized that I had just killed her dog.
“Um, no I haven’t seen any dog.”
She sighed. “Goddamn it. Sorry, for the sudden question. I just saw him run this way and I figured that…I don’t know, he might be over here.”
She glanced around and then scratched the back of her head.
“Why are you out so late?” I asked, suddenly curious of this human.
She smiled. “I was walking my dog. I usually do it in the day, but I was busy.”
She sighed, still looking a bit troubled.
“I wish I wouldn’t have walked him to begin with.”
“Do you have him on a leash?”
She laughed. “No, stupid me. I had forgotten it inside, and…when I was reopening the door, he ran off.”
She shook her head.
“Stupid mutt.”
I smiled. “You should probably get home. Wouldn’t want to stay out too late.”
She studied me for a moment, and I took in her looks.
She had long brown hair, dark eyes and a slim face. She wore a hoodie, which covered her shirt and tight jeans.
“I’m Caroline,” She said, sticking her hand out in front of me.
I hesitated for a moment and then I took hold of her hand. “I’m Bill.”
She gasped at my cool touch. “Wow, you should wear gloves more often.”
I laughed nervously as I pulled my hand back.
She sighed. “Well, my dog will most likely come home later. Bucky never stays out too long anyways.” She shrugged and smiled at me. “I’ll see you around, Bill.”
I almost felt as if I were blushing. “I’ll see you too, Caroline.”
She turned and walked away from me.
I took in a deep breath, trying to clear my nose of her scent, of her blood.
I walked back home, trying to keep a smile off my face, but failing miserably.
I opened the door and I stepped inside.
“Bill?” Tom shouted.
I was surprised by the sound of his voice.
I closed the door and I walked into his bedroom, but I stopped in the doorway, leaning against the frame. “Yeah?”
“Where the fuck have you been? I’ve been calling you for the last half-hour.”
I shrugged, but said nothing.
He stared at me. “Did you go eat?”
I nodded.
“Why didn’t you tell me? I would have gone with you.”
“Because, Tom, I didn’t want to deal with your shit.”
He scoffed. “What do you mean by that?”
I pushed myself off the doorframe. “I mean that you’re out of control, and it would only be worse if I took you out with the state that you’re in. You would probably end up killing the entire town.”
He glared at me. “I know how to control myself,”
I let out a sarcastic laugh. “Yeah, sure,”
I thought about Caroline and I realized just how glad I was that I didn’t take Tom along.
He would have killed her in a heartbeat.
“What do you want, Tom?”
He looked hurt. He didn’t answer for a moment. “I…I forgot.”
I turned and left his room.
I entered my room and I closed the door.
I sat down on my bed and smiled at the memory of Caroline.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!!