Secrets

oo1

My face was ten different shades of scarlet before I had even walked in the front door. Nobody knew… I assured myself. I wouldn’t have been able to come to school if I couldn’t be certain. I walked through the front door and sat down by my bestest friend, Sara.

“Hey Olivia.” She said, smiling at me. I smiled weakly and nodded at her. I didn’t feel much like talking. My heart was racing, and a huge lump was forming in my throat.

“Jake!” Quil called out, when none other than Jacob Black walked through the door. I instantly felt like I was going to be sick. I looked up at him, wondering if he would sit by me like he usually did. We made eye contact, but he quickly diverted his sight. He couldn’t even look at me. I felt like crying.

At least nobody knew… right?

The bell rang, and I practically sprinted to first period. I had to get away from him. It was like we were each the north pole of a magnet, and we were repelling each other.

“Good morning Olivia.” Miss Parkinson said when I walked into the Art Room. I smiled and waved, making my way to the back table. I got my sketch book and pencil, and began doodling. I needed to turn my mind off for a little while, so I grabbed my iPod and turned it up all the way, tuning everything else out. Or trying to, at least. Flashes of bare skin, his eyes, his lips… and heat, lots of heat, filled my head. I hadn’t even realized that I was crying until Embry poked me in the back.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” He said, after I took my headphones out.

I shook my head, and quickly wiped at my face with my sleeve. “Nothing… it’s nothing…”

“What is up with people today? I mean, you’re all upset… Jake was really put out this morning too… Did I miss something?”

I flinched, but I tried my hardest to play it cool, “Oh, do you know why he was upset?” I needed to figure out if he told anyone. Embry and Quil were his best friends, and if he was going to tell, it would be to them.

“No, I couldn’t figure it out. He wouldn’t tell. You don’t know anything about it, do you?”

My eyes widened with shock. “No! I mean… why would I know why he was upset?” I tried to keep my breathing steady. I couldn’t look him in the eye, so I pretended to be really interested in the scribbles on the page sitting in front of me.

“Well, I don’t know. It just seemed like you guys were getting really friendly there for a while...”

I felt the tears trying to break free. I couldn’t cry. It would blow everything. It was going to be hard to keep this a secret. “Oh… well, no. Everyone knows he’s got a major crush on that Bella chick.”

“Yeah… but still. I thought you liked him. Maybe I was wrong.” He shrugged.

“Well, sometimes it doesn’t matter if you like someone… It doesn’t mean that you get what want.” I instantly regretted it, fearing I had said too much. I held my breath, hoping Embry wouldn’t figure it out.

If Jacob wasn’t going to tell, then neither was I.

The bell rang, so I packed up my stuff. Embry and I had the same class next, so it wasn’t weird when he began walking with me down the hall.

“So what’s making you upset on such a fine day?”

“I don’t wanna talk about it.” I did want to talk about, though… This whole problem was beginning to bubble up to the surface, and before I knew it, everyone would be able to read it right off my face. I wouldn’t even have to say anything.

“Oh… alright. If you wanna talk though… You can text me later. I bet Jake wouldn’t mind talking to you either. You guys could talk to each other, since you’re both having bad days.”

“I don’t think that’s going to happen.” I mumbled.

“Wait… something didn’t like… happen between you guys. Did it?”

I stopped breathing, and I swear my heart skipped a beat. He could read the expression on my face like a book.

He gasped. “What happened!?”

And before I knew it… I was telling him everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Sighhhh* So I decided to start a new story. It seems like I always write a story when I'm trying to get over a guy.... So this one was a total jerk... And so here is a story!

My sister fell asleep on me.. She is pretty cute.. But its really hottttt outside!

Its almost dinner time, but I'm going to try and update again tonight. (:

XOXOXOXOxoxo... Britney :D