Secrets

oo3

I walked into Algebra, with tears filling my eyes, and my heart on my sleeve. Anyone could just walk up and rip my heart to pieces. At least that’s what I was preparing for.

I sat down in my seat, eyeing the empty seat in front of me… Where he usually sat. I wondered if things would change today. Just then, he walked through the door, looking really annoyed. Quil was right behind him, and he seemed to be bugging him about something. Jake looked right at me, his face went rigid and he immediately looked away. He went to the opposite side of the room and took one of the empty seats.

“Dude, I wish you would just tell me. You can’t tell me that you did something and then not tell me who with. It can’t be that bad, can it?” Quil asked him.

Oh Crap.

Jacob nodded. So, it was bad. I knew it. I mean, it’s not like I’m some sort of expert, I had no idea what I was doing… What did he expect from me?

“You’ve gotta tell me!” Quil insisted.

“Everybody take out your books. Finish up your assignment from yesterday.” Said Mr. Green, as he went through some papers on his desk.

Jacob shook his head, “I can’t tell you.”

“Fine. Then I’m guessing.” Quil folded his arms, and stretched out in the tiny seat he was in. “Bella?”

Jacob flinched, “No.”

Quil laughed, “Okay, umm… Lexi?” Jacob shook his head. Quil noticed that I was watching them, and then he smiled knowingly. I closed my eyes, waiting for my name to be said. “Was it… Olivia?” Quil asked. I scrunched up my face, waiting for the truth to come out.

“No.” Jacob said quickly. My eyes quickly opened, and I stared at Jake in shock.

“Yeah, dude, I know it was.” Quil said, with an annoying smirk on his face.

“You don’t know anything.” Jacob practically growled at him.

“We’ll see about that.” Quil got up, and walked across the room. He was walking towards me. I looked down at my algebra assignment, determined to ignore him.

“Hey there Olivia… I heard you had a fun time yesterday with my pal Jacob. Is that true?” Quil asked me, as he sat down in the empty desk in front of me. Jacob’s desk…

I completely ignored him. I tried to work on the problem on the page in front of me, but my eyes were out of focus. I was blinded by the tears forming in them.

“Everybody, I’ll be right back. I have to bring this to Mr. Santiago.” Mr. Green got up from his desk and left the room.

Quil smiled, “Jacob!” He called across the room, gesturing for him to come over here. “Why not come sit by your girly friend?” By now the whole room was paying attention.

Jacob’s breathing was getting uneven, and he looked really angry. I had tears streaming down my face. Everyone was going to find out.

“Why not at least tell everyone what you two did last night?” Quil asked, still smiling. It was like he was getting some sick enjoyment from this.

I scooted my chair out from my desk. It made a loud screeching sound against the floor, but I ignored it and ran out of the room with tears in my eyes.

Out in the hall I ran blindly to the girl’s bathroom. Before I could get there, though, I crashed into something. I blinked the tears from my eyes, and looked up.

“Olivia… what happened?” Embry looked at me with true concern in his eyes.

I bit my lip. “Jacob…” I whispered. And then Embry was hugging me. He let me soak his shirt with my tears.

Then I heard footsteps running down the hallway. I turned around quickly to see who it was. Jacob was standing there, shaking all over. He looked over at us, he glared at me. Then he quickly took off through the side exit of the school. I saw him run into the forest, and then he disappeared.

“What was that about?” I asked Embry. I sniffed and wiped at my face, knowing I probably looked like crap.

“I have no idea...” Embry said quietly. But it sounded to me like he was holding something back from me. A secret he was in on… A secret that I knew nothing about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blehh.. Lol. I woke up at 6 this morning. Whats up with that?

Anywhooo.... Comments would be awesome...?! lol

XOXOxoxo.. Britney :D