Status: ~ fin.

One More Night to Make This Happen

3/3 - The beginning.

In the beginning, over 10 years before that night, Danny and Dougie’d been in a happy, contented relationship with each other. Danny wished to go back to then, or to the earlier years of the band, to get Dougie to fall in love with him once again.

They started out as best friends within a group of best friends, also known as their band, McFly. Dougie always understood Danny’s stupidity faster than the other’s, take the time they were doing an interview about their new single and he made a stupid comment about in-bred people being in bread and Danny always got Dougie’s ‘odd’ sense of humour, even when he didn’t understand everything else. In a none obvious way it was inevitable that they’d end up together like that and when they were together they were so inseparable and happy, most people would call it a honey-moon stage, but they just called it them. Just the way Danny would stare into his eyes and smile so brightly at him would make Dougie’s heart melt and the way he didn’t care about kissing him in public places, even if they hadn’t come out to the fans yet, saying he couldn’t wait until they got home.

It all took a turn for the worst one night when Dougie had gone to visit his mum, though they’d already come out to all their close family and friends, he still wasn’t sure how comfortable they would be to witness them being so openly together, so Danny had reluctantly stayed home. He was moping on the sofa when Harry turned up, announcing they were going out, were gonna have fun, probably knowing Danny would be in a foul mood at not being able to go with Dougie. Tom had stayed away, probably sensing that the night had ‘trouble’ written all over it, in some ways.

It was in the shabby bar that he first got reunited with her, one of the friends he’d left in Bolton long before the band. Shut into the past, yet she was there, now. Maybe his first regret would start here. Harry was more than fine with getting off with her friend, though he had his own girlfriend, so they ended up alone.

It was in the shabby bar they got drunk together, something he hadn’t done in a long, long time. If seeing her again was his first regret, then this was his second, but for the time being it was innocent, two old friends catching up.

It was in the shabby bar’s toilets was where he ignored his mobile phone, pressing reject on Dougie’s call, third regret of the night.

And finally it was in the shabby bar’s toilets where he first had sex with her, quick and fumbled, fourth and biggest regret of the night. That was where the regret finally hit him, he actually cried when he got home, he sobbed into Dougie’s pillow, was surprised Dougie didn’t point out the dampness of it the next day.

Despite it being wrong he didn’t confess, not straight away, he was so glad to see Dougie again, so set on making it up to him without telling him what was had happened. Over the next few days he brought him flowers whenever he had to leave the house without him, (to go to the shop or the likes,) he took him on expensive dates, bought him tickets to his favourite band. It was in this time he realised he didn’t want to loose him, realised how much the younger male meant to him.

He actually bought a ring, without even thinking about it, he wanted to propose, he wanted to get married to Dougie. He went to Tom and Harry and asked for advice, what he should say, where he should do it, big cheesy/cliché way or some other way? Harry suggested he should do it on stage, Tom reminded him that the fans didn’t know yet. Harry suggested he get it written in the sky using red arrow planes, Tom reminded him how expensive flying was. Harry suggested doing it on TV, Tom again reminded him that the fans didn’t yet know. Danny said he’d do it in a restaurant, the other two agreed.

It was on his way back home, hoping Dougie would be back from wherever he’d gone that he met her again, she was walking down the street, she stopped him, started talking about things, he’d wished she’d just stayed put in Bolton, she’d apologised for what happened at the bar and convinced him to take her back home. He couldn’t really see the harm in inviting a friend back for coffee, Dougie’d be back anyway, or so he thought.

He saw the harm in inviting her back when he realised Dougie wasn’t yet home and she tried to seduce him in the kitchen. Defiantly saw the harm when Dougie walked in on it. Felt the harm when Dougie stormed out as he announced it wasn’t what it looked like.

After that he confessed, confessed the whole thing, begged forgiveness, Dougie nearly left him, it took 3 whole days to talk him round, 3 whole days to convince him that he wouldn’t cheat again. He’d thought that was too long, but back then he wouldn’t have been able to begin to comprehend what 10 years might feel like. For then he had Dougie back in his arms they were Danny and Dougie, so sweet and innocent together as Danny whispered gentle words into his ear once more, even if it was just for that night, because of course in the early hours of that very morning Danny would receive the phone call which would change his life for good, and cause him to avert his course of action swiftly and without much thought or with too much thought, depending on how you look at it.

***

"The things you say, the games you play, there's nothing, there's nothing, that can take it away. "
♠ ♠ ♠
Am I the only person who I confused the hell out of by putting the end at the beginning? Why did I do that? I mean I get the knowing what happens and they showing what lead to it thing, but I don't know, reading this back over I confused myself so much...