Status: work in progress

London Foolishly

Could It Be That I Now Stand Corrected. Could It Be That I Now Stand Affected

Image

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked surprised.

"You'll figure it out on your own." Sofia said smiling at me. "Now you're coming with me."

"Are you kidnapping me now?" I asked a small chuckle falling from my lips.

"Pretty much." Sofia said rolling her eyes. "I'm sure I could get a good enough ransom.

"Ha funny." Nick said smiling a genuine smile. "Will it be alright with your family?"

"I'm sure it will be." Sofia said shrugging. "Remember my niece loves you so I'm sure she can persuade them to even if they say no."

"Alright. I guess." I said giving in.

"I knew you'd give up." Sofia said with a small laugh.

It didn't take long to arrive at her grandparents’ house on the edge of the town. It was a small cottage with two floors and rows of flowers lining every inch of the yard. It looked like something out of a fairy tale. I could already smell the fragrant flowers as we pulled in front of the house.

"It’s not much but its home." Sofia said when she noticed my surprised look.

"I love it." I said smiling at her. "It’s great."

We parked next to the house and Sofia made her way to the front door.

"We can get the bags later." She said as I stood next the car confused.

I stayed a behind her as she opened the door and the sound of a dog barking reached my ears.

"Rufus quiet."

We walked into a small hallway with shoes and coats lining every inch of the wall and floor. A small, fat, dog came walking toward us, still barking obnoxiously with every step. Sofia tried her best to quiet the dog.

"This is Rufus." She said with an irritated look. "He doesn't like strangers."

"I can tell." I said eyeing the dog wearily. "He doesn't bite or anything does he?

"No he's harmless." Sofia pet the dog’s head then walked past him.

Rufus had stopped barking and was now growling at me while I quickly pasted him. Sofia directed me to a sitting room with two modest sized couches and a large lounge chair facing a small television. I sat down on the slightly larger couch and watched as Sofia opened the curtains on the two windows in the room letting the light from the rising sun seep in.

"I love sun rises." Sofia revealed. "My mom and I used to watch them together whenever we could.

"It’s been awhile since I've seen one." I said quietly.

Both Sofia and I watched as the sun rose in silence, we were content with the silence as we watched the beautiful sight. Even though I had only known Sofia for barely a day, I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want to spend this special moment with.

"We should get the bags now." Sofia said softly after a while. "My family should be waking up soon."

"Shouldn't we wait and see if they'll even let me stay?" I asked slightly worried.

"Don't worry so much rock star." Sofia said rolling her eyes. "Just get your bags.

We unloaded the trunk and Sofia showed me to a spare room where I could stay. She left me to settle into the room while she went to see if her grandparents were awake yet.
After setting my bags down I went in to the sitting room to look at the pictures on the walls. There were many of Sofia and what looked like to be her sister. They ranged from baby pictures to recent ones. I stopped at one of her smiling at the camera, a guarded look in her eye that gave away how fake the smile really was.

"Hey rock star."

I turned around startled, Sofia stood next to an elderly woman in a pink night gown.

"Sofia why didn't you tell me he was so handsome? I would have changed." The older woman said with loud laugh.

"Grandma." Sofia whispered her face turning a light shade of pink.

“Hello ma’am. I’m Nick.” I said reaching out to shake the women’s hand.

The women bypassed my outstretched hand and pulled me into a tight hug. “We hug around here. And call me Ruthie.”

She finally let me go and looked at Sofia, “He’s fit too!” She staged whispered.

I smiled shyly while Sofia’s face turned even redder.

“Sofia tells me you would like to stay here for a few days.” Ruthie says to me. “And we would love to have you.”

“Thank you. I won’t be bother for too long.” I said. “Maybe a week.”

“That’s fine! Stay as long as you like!” Ruthie exclaimed. “Now I better go start breakfast.”

Sofia and I were left standing awkwardly in the living room. I cleared my throat and was the first to speak.

“Thanks for this.”

“You’re welcome.” Sofia said with a small smile. “You looked like you could use a friend.”

I smiled and nodded. “I definitely could have used a friend. And I’m glad I found one.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been so long!!! Sorry!!! This one isn't that great but I still like it. : )