‹ Prequel: Black Roses

White Lilies

The (After) Life of the Party

Marie groaned when she heard the doorbell ring.
Maybe she could ignore it…
No such luck.
Her Siberian husky puppy skidded into her room barking.
“Not now Jack,” she sighed but he jumped on her bed and began licking her face. “I suppose I have to get up now eh?” she said pushing the puppy off her and climbing out of bed. “Oh hey Sally!” she smiled when she noticed her Chihuahua cross with a terrier pup sitting at her door.
She stumbled down the stairs trying not to fall over Jack and Sally.
“Hey Marie! How’s it going? Whoa…where are your clothes? D’you always walk round in short shorts and tiny tank tops?” A short, bubbly 14 year old girl bounded into the house, her black hair flying behind her. She spun round and jum ed on the couch.
The 16 year old lad with her rolled his eyes and smoothed down his leather jacket. “I think she’s just got out of bed Eve.”
“I’m not stupid Dan.”
“Pfft. Could’ve fooled me,” Dan smirked folding his arms across his chest, knowing he was winding his little sister up.
“Go fuck yourself Dan.”
“Whoa! Okay I won’t have that language in here!” Marie exclaimed shocked by her younger cousin.
“Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!” Came Lisa’s voice.
Eve raised her eyebrows at Marie.
“She’s older then you!”
“Why did you let me drink that much last night?” Lisa groaned holding her head. “And why don’t you have a hangover?”
Marie shrugged “I never do. Want some pancakes?”
Lisa suddenly perked up, Marie was famous for her pancakes in that house…it was probably the only thing she could cook.
“Ok!”

Laurel was awake an hour later, her and Lisa ventured outside for a few cups of starbuck’s coffee.
“So, big cousin, do you have any clothes for me to wear to your show tonight?” Eve asked linking arms with Marie.
“You’re always getting freebies off me! I’m too soft!” Marie sighed.
“What else are super talented famous cousins for?”
Marie rolled her eyes “You’re lucky I actually save stock for you.”
“YAY! I love you!”
“You better.”

“You okay Frankiedoodle?” Ella asked climbing into Frank’s bunk with him.
“El, do you miss Taylor?” Frank answered with a question.
Ella thought for a second “Of course I do,” she whispered “I really wish I’d tried harder to keep in touch with her. I don’t even know what she’s doing now.”
Frank sighed “I still think about her,”
“You do?” Ella asked a bit surprised. When Taylor had left he hadn’t bothered to call her, write to her or contact her in any way…it was like he couldn’t bring himself to.
He nodded.
“I’m sure she still thinks about you too Frank.”
They both just lay there for a few minutes thinking. Ella of the girl she’d been best mates with all her life…Frank of the girl he’d fallen in love with.
Both wondering if she still remembered them.
Once the few minutes were over Ella sat up…resulting in her hitting her head on the tour bus roof.
She ignored it.
“You’d better get up and put a smile on that face!” she grinned.
“Why?”
Well 1; Jamia would like to discuss some Skele Crew things…”
“And 2?”
“We’ve been invited to a fashion show tonight!”